29

Louis POV

I grabbed his large hand and encased them both in my smaller ones, I stared at the little crevasses following the structure of his hands. The way his knuckles popped out just a little bit at the slight curvature of his hand, how his fingernails had been freshly trimmed. The daintiness of his wrist was accentuated the cream-colored wrist band that wrapped around it like an identity tag.T

The second our hands touched I felt as if I had officially returned home, my heart could now beat with a purpose. Nothing else now mattered, as long as I sat here next to him, world war three could be going on outside and I would still be perfectly happy.

I shifted my eyes up from his hand to his arm and finally up to his angelic face. I could tell that in the corner under his left shoulder there was a faded gray fabric laying between the layers. I slightly lifted the corner of the thick blanket covering Harry just enough to see what it was. It didn't take very long for me to know what it was, my Fila sweatshirt. I had left it in the tree the morning that I left, for the first time in two months I felt a genuine smile form on the edge of my lips. In some twisted way, the universe made sure that Harry always had a piece of me with him.

I focused on the way his eyelashes laid for peace on the edge of his closed eyelids almost looking like a painting you would see hung up in a museum. Even with his eyes closed, I could picture the vivid bright green eyes that lay beneath them and the way I know they are lit up in his dreams because I know where he is. He is laying under the big tree taking pictures my mother would be so proud of, he is enjoying the life I am determined to give him.

Harry's silhouette slowly is going out of focus, the edges of his body blending into the surrounding white sheets he is played in. I don't realize the blurriness of it all until a tear slipped from the eye and fell onto the mixture of Harry's hands still interlaced with mine.

"Sorry, their Hazzie but you know how much I love coming home." I knew it would still be a while until he woke up so I pulled my legs up to my chest and leaned back in my chair. I had luckily brought my Adidas sweatshirt and our blankets. I placed the pink one across Harry as best as it could fit now that he was six feet tall.

" Now that's a lot better, sleep peacefully baby. I'll be right here when you wake up I promise."

I rested my head on the armrest mere inches away from Harry and let my own eyes flutter shut allowing myself to slip into a world where we were dancing in our kitchen just like old times.

Harry's POV

I don't think I have ever been this happy in my life, who could imagine dancing in a field of sunflowers in my special happy place with the person I love the most. I don't even know where the music is coming from but it is all so perfect. We've been here from sunrise to sunset and I've never seen something so beautifully the way the sky swirled pinks, blues, and purples in with the light blue reminding me of cotton candy and summer fairs. The best part is now Louis and I are laying on our old blankets stargazing and get this the sky is full of them. We can even see the Lynx and Draco constellations. I wouldn't have my life any other way.

Suddenly everything starts to fade away. At first it was gradual but now it's happening so fast I feel as if I'm falling into a black hole. Wha-what's happening I feel as if I'm screaming and nobody can hear me, I feel as if I have tears rolling down my cheeks but I can't tell. I can't move to check if my cheeks are truly wet. oh god, am I dying?

I feel exhausted like I haven't slept in years. All I see is black and I can't tell if my eyes are already closed or if I really did fall into an alternate dimension. I feel the weight of my limbs sink into wherever it is that I am, my body can't move, I don't feel the urge to move anymore, instead, I allow myself to drift into the dark oblivion that surrounds me.

---

Every now and then I hear voices, they sound familiar but not stored in my memory, I can make out some words that they are saying. I think the voices belonging to the nurses looking after me, they always seem to say everything that they are doing. So far I think I've had my pain medicine altered and my vitals check. It all makes sense now, I am in recovery.

I am in recovery! I made it, I survived! I want to smile but I'm still so exhausted and sluggish that I don't move a single muscle.

Something feels off, I just felt the air in the room become lighter, it feels easier to breathe. I want to smile, I feel like I should be smiling. I feel like I need to be up but I can't tell why. My brain still can't think all that well and I still feel trapped within my own body. If only I could just open my eyes.

I feel alive for the first time in months, I feel the spark of life and love spreading through my body like I've never felt before, I feel as if I was just brought home. I can feel it starting from my hand, a sense of warmth and security grasping it.

It was only a few moments until my heart nearly exploded at the sound of his voice. HIS VOICE.

"Sorry Hazzs, but you know how much I love coming home." I felt as if I might start crying, he is here, he really is. The urge only intensified when I felt the hot liquid drip lightly onto my hand, I knew only seconds before that it was surrounding the ocean blue eyes of Louis.

I felt my body relax the most it had since I left my or I guess our place. All I want to do is to wake up, I want to see his face, I want his shaggy Carmel hairs and his probably scruffy beard, his eyes and the way he is most likely cuddled up in sweater paws. I just want my eyes to open, but they can't. it's frustrating.

After a while, I gave into the words that Louis had whispered so quietly saying that he promised to still be here when I wake up and I let my body fall back into an enormous sleeping beauty style slumber.

---

It must have been hours from when I "first" woke up unofficially. I've been brought out of sleep several times but not once have I ever actually woken up and opened my eyes, I still wanted to sleep. And with every time I was slightly awakened by the nurses and doctors, I was relieved to still feel his hands holding mine. I don't think he has let go of me once. his simple touch is the only thing I need to get through this.

---

I finally feel that as if I have enough energy to open my eyes, I could sense the darkness around me and I'm guessing that it is probably late at night now. I know Louis is still here but I think that he is sleeping judging by the gentle and steady rhythm of his breathing. I want his face to be the first thing that I see. Not the ceiling, not the cream-colored walls, not the multiple machines clearly hooked up to by the sounds of endless beeps. I want to see him.

I drew in a quick breath then I gently squeezed the small hand laying underneath mine.