8

Harry's POV

I stood in the doorway, frozen as I looked into what could be considered a crime scene, or a dumpster.

How can one person cause such a catastrophe in so little time? The only mess that was left in this place before the football game was a leftover glass of juice, and it was Louis' might I add. Now I couldn't even see the bloody floor.

With each step I took deeper into the apartment my body creaked like the old floorboards beneath me. I wish I could just lay down for the night, but if I leave this mess here it will only get worse by the morning so I might as well just deal with it.

I started with the mess closest to me. The laundry. The three loads I had previously washed and dried are now scattered throughout the little space. Worst of all,
Louis didn't even have the brains to keep his dirty laundry away from the clean laundry, now I had to wash all the clothes again.

I started to pick up each article of clothing and put it into a new pile, lights, dark, and whites. Halfway through I realized I shouldn't be bending over. Every time I do so it sounded and felt like I was being smacked by a hammer. I finished the sorting by moving the clothes around with a simple motion of my feet. They're already so much better.

I put the first load in and pressed the sanitary wash button, I did not need these clothes to reek of Louis' BO when they were dry. 

I took the ten steps back from doors hiding the laundry machines until I rammed into the kitchen counter. Holy shit. I swear I can feel my ribs being pulled apart with every intake of breath. I gripped my hands into the shape counter edge and leaned my head back to touch the cupboard to steady myself, in hopes I didn't topple over.

After a few minutes, the sensation was gone, almost as quickly as it arrived. I took some deep breaths and headed straight to the medicine cabinet, grabbed four Advil and downed them in a single swig. I begged for them to work, even though I know they barely do anymore.

When I went to put my glass into the dishwasher I saw the reminisces of broken glass surrounded by droplets of orange juice. How much damage can one person do? I grabbed a dustpan, spray bottle, washcloth, and a trash bag. I slowly brought myself around to examine the rest of the juice disaster.

All I could do was let out a heavy sigh. I got down on one knee and slowly picked up the big and tiny pieces of glass. It must have taken at least thirty minutes because by the time I was done I felt as if I had two metal poles sticking out of me. I couldn't keep bending down like this. I placed the bag of broken glass on the floor and laid down flat on the floor. I couldn't tell what made more noise, my back screaming or the bag of glass.

I felt as if I was melting into the floor, it almost felt nice. The only thing I could feel was a slight burning between my spine and shoulder blade. I could lie here for hours. It sounded like heaven. Unfortunately, I had to clean the bloody mess Louis left behind.

It took me another ten minutes before I tried to roll over and get to cleaning the stain out of the carpet. By the time I made it back to my knees my back had gone completely numb. That or maybe the Advil decided to work. What a miracle.

I rinsed the washcloth with warm water and some dish soap, patting at the stain until it slowly started the fade away. After I was satisfied with my stain removal skills, I walked the rest of the way into the living room and sat down on the couch, turning on the tv.

I sun had now fully set leaving only the faint glow of the tv as the only light running through our small apartment. Well, that was until I noticed the glow down the hall, coming from Louis' room.

The wait was his home. How did I miss him coming home? I stood up to go check. Damn this Advil must have something mixed with it, I couldn't feel the entire right side of my back. It felt good knowing that if I saw Louis on the other side of this door I wouldn't have to lie. I don't feel any pain.

My hand steadied on the doorknob still unsure of opening the door. I slowly open the door, not knowing how to prepare myself for what my eyes might see.  I felt a rush of relief, the bed was empty. Louis was not anywhere near here. 

While the physical Louis was not here, his presence was very much strong felt within these four small walls. Clothes where every wear, empty takeout contains littered the floor along with the remains crumbs that were once inside. I couldn't let Louis sleep in a room like this. I had to clean it.

I started where I started out in the living spaces, laundry. I'm pretty sure most of it was clean seeing as it looked like a burglar just tossed everything out looking for something. I gathered all the clothing, the ones that were clean I put on the bed so I could fold and put them away, the dirty I moved the bear hamper on the other side of the room.

The stack looked like Mnt. Kilimanjaro it was so high, but nonetheless I started to fold each article of clothing and put it away in the proper drawer.

I could start to feel a small ache to bubble up into my back. It was probably nothing. I mean I have been up for fourteen hours. I think any person back would start to hurt. I would finish cleaning Louis' room then go straight to bed.

After what seems like an eternity I'm finally done with the clothes that claim Louis. I head to the kitchen to grab a trash bag to pick up the disgusting remains of takeout from who knows when. When I stood back up from grabbing the bag I felt it burn. My back. Burning is always the worst pain no matter how little it actually is. I knew I wouldn't be able to continue so I decided to take another four Advil and get back to work.

Louis must have ordered takeout whenever I'm not around to cook, the proof was the already full trash bag of takeout containers that once contained food from each corner of the globe, Chinese, Indian, Italian, Mexican, American. All seemed to be half-eaten and the crumbs looked to have thrown a dance party all over the floor.

I went down the hall to throw out the trash, I hadn't realized but it was almost past curfew. I didn't realize it was already so late, 12:45, Louis had to be home within the next fifteen minutes.  I quickened my pace back to the apartment, grabbed the vacuum and lined it up with crumbs on the floor watching as they disappeared.

I still haven't felt the Advil kick back in, I knew that when I went to plug the vacuum in and my entire upper back burned as if a fire had been ignited, but to mention the fact that I could barely even breath. I just had one more thing to do then I could go lay down and get some rest.

I turned in the vacuum, mimicking the motions of the push and pull, the damn thing wasn't going anywhere. I tried again. Why wasn't it moving? Why aren't I moving? I could feel my panic through the slight line of sweat that's gathered near my hairline. I felt my face go hot, red hot. I felt dizzy like the room was spinning around me and it wouldn't stop. I could feel the rush of blood banging on my eardrums. The noise so loud people from Antarctica could hear it. I gripped the vacuum to keep myself standing.

It went away. Thank god it went away. Whatever that was I know I wouldn't be able to handle it again. But it went away. I realized my grip on the vacuum until I realized I still had to clean up the crumby mess all over the floor.

This time me and the vacuum worked. I was almost done, just a little patch near the bed was left.

Not again. Please lord not again. I stopped moving, but the room didn't.  *doorknob* oh shit, it must be Louis. I could feel my face heat up even more than it did the first time, I started drowning in sweat. My legs were wobbly, I can't stand for much longer. I have to get out of here, I have to get back to my room before Louis sees me, maybe he'll go to the bathroom and I can dash across the tiny little hallway and into my bed before he notices.

" Harry!" No no no no no, he can't be looking for me. I tried to move my feet but they won't budge. " Harry I'm home" he was getting closer. I had to think of a way to get out of this. "Look I know you're mad at me but can we please just talk it out" he was almost at the door. Please don't open it. Please don't.

With one burning shiver through my spine and ribs I was gone, I crumbled to the floor, tears leaving my eyes as I didn't know what to do. "HARRY" of course Louis opened the door.