34

Louis POV

By the time I made it back to the apartment and put the key into the lock my body was shivering violently from the cold rain now pouring from the sky. I stepped inside into the dark area and flipped on the closest light switch.

I stand in the doorway as the memories of the last two years replay right in front of my eyes. Everything from the day we moved in here to the last time my feet walked on the dark wooden floors. The endless kitchen dance parties, midnight movie marathons, and last-minute essays being done at three am. The good and the bad. The calm and the crazy. My life. Our life.

I step deeper into the empty apartment Re familiarizing myself with the layout even though I know it by heart. I stop at the laundry and determine I should probably throw my clothes in the wash. I unzip my bag and throw the contents into the machine. I went to grab the soap from the shelf, mine was still sitting there, nearly empty but untouched. Exactly how I left it. My hand went to grab it but drifted off course and grabbed the strawberry-scented soap that always claimed Harry's clothes. I dumped in the soap and pressed wash and closed the door.

I place my phone on the counter to charge and head down the hallway. I can't yet bear to walk back into my bedroom. Or Harrys. Instead, I walk to the bathroom at the end of the hall. It's not anything special, two sinks, a toilet, and a shower. The best thing to do at the moment is to probably hop in the shower and out of my dripping clothes seeing as I've already dragged water just about everywhere already.

I turn the water as hot as it can go and strip my clothes off before climbing into the warm and steam-filled shower. The water glides into the crevices of my body relaxing and easing every sense of stress, anxiety, and tension that has built up over the last two months. The gentle stream of water is oddly satisfying, softer than the hard pellets hitting the windows from outside.

There aren't many products still in the shower, I'm guessing Ann brought them back to the hospital after she came home the other day. So instead of being able to completely cleanse my hair I just moved the entirety of my body under the steady stream of hot water and allowing it to flow through my overgrown locks. I use whatever generic body wash that is still sitting on the shower self and lather ut against my skin and rinsing it off not long after.

My skin starts to begin pruning and I decide that I should probably get out before I turn into a full on raisin. I reluctantly turn the water off feeling it shift from hot to warm to cold before opening the door and stepping out. I pull the shower curtain closed again and reach for my towel. Shit. I forgot to get a towel.

I look around and of course, there are no towels hanging up on the towel racks, not even a robe either. I can feel the cold begin the crawl up my skin again. Shit, shit where do we keep the towel again? I look under the sinks and I don't find anything. I know there are no towels in my room so I don't waste my time checking in there.

I barge through the door leading to Harry's room and rush towards the bed as I see a full bin of laundry sitting on top of the nicely made covers. I grab the edge of a towel peeking through and pull it out wrapping the warm and fluffy fabric around my once again shivering body. I take a second to allow my body temperature to rise again before opening my eyes again. I don't let my eyes drift around the room, instead of keeping them fixed on the now messy laundry basket.

It dawns on me that all my clothes are currently in the wash and I don't have any other clothes to wear. I start to rummage through the basket of Harry's clothes and pull out an old t-shirt and throw it on along with the smallest pair of boxers I could find. Everything is so big on me that the clothes are practically falling off of my body already. I decide to skip out on trying to find pants, I already know they would just fall off of my wait and ill end up tripping on the extra fabric that will bunch up at my feet.