ALL THE CARDS

I don't know what I've thought about more, Drew dissing me to be with Kim or Quincy's kiss. Both have had feature roles in my thoughts since my celebration party and I blame Drew for both.

If he hadn't dissed me for Kim, I wouldn't have needed to confide in Quincy so much. And if I didn't need to confide in Quincy so much, I wouldn't have felt comfortable enough to let my guard down to allow a kiss to happen.

I feel guilty. And when we return to school the following Monday, I can barely look Drew in the eyes.

Not that he cares...

He isn't talking to me apparently.

I spend all day and throughout practice thinking about that stupid kiss and how mad I am at Drew even though I have no room to be. It should've been Drew I was kissing, but thanks to him dissing me, his dad, and Kimberly freaking Caldwell, my once blissful relationship with Drew has turned into nothing but obstacles pulling us apart.

Heading out into the parking lot after practice I'm not at all surprised to find Drew leaning against my car, waiting for me. I just wish we'd done this days ago because now I'm all wound up and ready to blow.

This fool hasn't spoken a word to me since my party. I swear he can be an ass like that when he's mad or salty. But I can dish it right back. I haven't texted or called him either.

As I walk over to him, I'm preparing for the worse, but whatever happens, happens. I'm tired of this back and forth between us.

"You have fun with C-Breezy?" Drew examines me with this cocky yet amused look on his face, his saltiness resonating in his tone.

"You have fun with Kim?" I dish the attitude right back.

"Answer my question and I'll answer yours."

Folding my arms across my chest I tell him, "I don't think so. You dissed me at my own party and walked out with my enemy to do only God knows what."

"She's my girlfriend. I can do whatever I want with her, and you can't get mad at me for that."

"You're right. You're more than welcome to do whatever you want with your girlfriend, but I don't have to keep signing up for your bullshit. So, why don't we just agree to stay away from each other from now on. I'd hate to confuse us sleeping together with you actually giving a damn about me when clearly you don't"

"Here we go again," he sighs heavily. "You know why we can't be together, Sidney."

"You say that like it makes any of this any easier," I shove him. "We can't be together, but you have no problem with us sleeping together, right? How is that even fair?"

"I haven't heard you complaining about it." Drew takes his usual cocky approach.

Reaching up I slap him across the face before I can even stop myself, and Drew pins me with a look that promises death if I were to strike him again. "Why are you so damn violent?" He asks, glaring at me.

"Because you're such an ass to me sometimes." I reply, standing my ground.

"If I were to slap your ass back, I'd be wrong."

"If you slap me, you better kill me, because it'll be on like Donkey Kong."

"Lucky for you I don't hit girls. Not like your boy Chris Brown," Drew scoffs. Studying me carefully he asks, "You let him hit?"

"What?" I frown. "No, doofus. He barely even paid us high school girls any attention because HELLO, we're jailbait. He did what he was paid to do, and when he got tired of us kids, he left to hang out with actual adults."