DAMNING ME

We left prom at around ten to get ready for the after party we're throwing. Jason scored us some alcohol from his house being the lush that he is, and Drew somehow managed to talk his dad into hiring someone to decorate for us while we're enjoying ourselves at prom. He probably guilt-tripped him into it and seeing how Drew's mom is laid up in a hospital, my guess is his dad felt bad for him and caved.

Partygoers start rolling in a little after eleven, and before long the entire loft is filled with seniors. While Drew is greeting everyone, I'm busy in the kitchen making snacks and drinks with my girls.

The dress I got for prom has a skirt that detaches into a party dress. It's partially why I bought this one over another I'd been eyeing, and in its altered state it also doubles as a hostess dress.

Drew saunters into the kitchen, hooking his arm around my waist. He patiently waits for me to finish pouring a bag of Doritos in a serving bowl and pulls me away from all the havoc in the kitchen to dance with him.

"Breaktime for you." He whispers into my ear. His warm breath prickling at my skin, sending tingles down my spine.

Pressing his body close to mine, he locks his arms around me, his hazel eyes burrowing into mine. Gently we swayed to the slow melody of Destiny Childs 'Cater to You'. I thought it fitting seeing how I've done nothing but cater to his wants and needs since moving in with him.

"When you leave for Los Angeles, I think I want to go with you." I tell him.

Surprised, Drew loses his rhythm, his movement faltering, and he has this shocked expression on his face.

I stop dancing. "What's wrong? I thought you'd be happy I'm finally agreeing to go to L.A. with you."

"I am, but can we talk about this later?" He pours on the charm. "I'm trying to get into a little something."

"Drew, you're leaving in a month. I need time to pack, decline my current offer with Sac State, and then accept the offer I got from USC."

"And you'll have plenty of time for all of that, but right now I just want to enjoy our night together."

I table our conversation for now to give him my undivided attention. Besides, we have an entire month to think about all of that.

When our dance is over, Drew's teammates steal him away from me and I end up in the kitchen with Patrice, preparing snacks. She complains about how chummy Vicky and Scott are, and all I can think about is what I saw happening between them the other day.

While I watch Drew make his rounds, mingling with our friends, something in my chest tightens. I ignore the suffocating sensation and try hard to focus on something else. Like, Patrice's feelings being hurt because of how close Scott and Vicky are dancing with one another. My first thought is there's nothing wrong with him dancing with another girl. But then I think... if he's anything like Drew, and he is, the look in his eyes coupled with the sensual grinding these Taylor boys are capable of may provoke a girl's jealousy. They dance like they're having sex.

Patrice doesn't wait for sound advice. She storms over to Vicky, shoves her into a wall, which gets the attention of Vanessa and her friends. They press Patrice while Scott stands between them, trying to defuse the situation.

"You keep putting your hands on me bitch and you're going to lose them." Vicky shouts.

"I'd like to see you try and get dragged bitch." Patrice fires back.

"Both of you need to chill." Scott tells them.

Vanessa talks Vicky into backing off, and Scott takes Patrice to his bedroom where the shouting begins. It lasts for an hour and then silence, which usually means their making up with a little horizontal mambo.