SAME PAGE

With the Senior Scavenger hunt coming up, I arrange a meeting at Grams' with all the players to go over everything I know before we get started. Everyone piles into my living room and we get down to business.

"We have the first clue already, but the clues are even more cryptic than they were last year," I explain. "And if I can remember correctly, all of the clues add up to one massive final clue. So, we need to keep track of them."

"What about the physical agility tests? Any idea what they'll be?" Drew asks. "And Scott isn't a senior. So, we added Jason to the list instead, FYI."

"According to Em, last year the physical agility test was swimming to the bottom of the pool to grab the clue." I inform them.

"Jason, really? He can barely stay sober for breakfast. He'll slow us down." Patrice groans.

"He's dealing with some things, Trice. Give him a break." Drew defends him.

If anyone would know what Jason is going through it would be Drew. Jason is like a brother to him and they look out for each other.

I've also known Jason long enough to know he's a good person, he just doesn't have very good parents. They care more about work and traveling than they do being parents. My current focus at the moment though, is his absence. "He's also never on time," I add. We're supposed to be focusing on the task at hand, but we can't because we're down a man. "Where is he? He should be here. And not that I'm not worried about Jason like the rest of us, but we need to get back to the issue at hand? I'm sure he'll be fine."

Tomorrow is the official start of the scavenger hunt and there's no way I'm letting Kim win. So, they need to get their heads in the game.

We decide the boys will handle the physical stuff and the girls will handle the mental. But without knowing what obstacles we face there is only so much planning we can do. At least we have a plan of attack though, and that's better than nothing.

"Here's some snacks for you all," Grams walks in with a tray full of bacon wrapped little smokies. The boys inhale those in no time flat barely leaving the girls any. "Sidney... Drew... why don't the two of you come help me in the kitchen."

Drew and I glance at one another wondering if we're in trouble as we follow Grams into the kitchen. She puts us on opposite sides of the dining room table and instructs us on how to make some sandwiches for our friends.

Just when I thought maybe this was why she called us into the kitchen, Grams zeroes her focus in on Drew. "I've tried several times to talk to Sidney, and I'm wondering if talking to you will be any different, or if perhaps your part of the problem," she starts. "I don't like that the two of you are having sex."

"Grams," I groan. I'm beyond embarrassed that she's dragging Drew into this right now.

"Sex leads to babies," Grams continues ignoring me. "Do you honestly believe you're ready to take care of a baby with everything you've got going on?"

"If that happens, we'll handle it."

"What about the NBA?"

"What about it?" Drew frowns. "If anything, being in the NBA will help us be able to afford a baby and anything else that comes up."

"And who's gonna take care of the baby while you're both out bouncing balls?"

Drew looks to me for help, but I'm not about to get in the middle of this conversation. I know better. "I don't know," he shrugs. "I guess Sid will have to stay home with the baby until we can figure something out."