MAIN HOE

"Both homecoming and Halloween are coming up, and guess who just entered the running for king and queen?" Patrice smirks.

"Please don't say its Kim and Dreux," I groan. "I'm so tired of them. And they're kicking our butts right now. They're on clue eleven and we're on clue nine."

"Ding-ding-ding! Winna-winna chicken dinna! Tell the girl what she's won!"

"The only reason she's doing this is to get back at Drew, and Dreux is doing this because she spreads her legs for him."

"That's why a bunch of us got together and nominated you and Drew for homecoming king and queen." She smiles.

"You didn't."

"Yes, I did..." she replies in a singsong manner. "Come on Sid, everyone knows you and Drew will be crowned homecoming king and queen anyway."

"There are more people on the football team and cheerleading teams combined than both of our basketball teams," I give her a reality check.

"Okay, well I know for a fact Kim doesn't have any fans on the cheerleading team."

"Neither does Drew since he's ran through them all." I bug my eyes out at her.

"Okay, but Kim and her friends are mean to everyone, and Dreux has run through just about as many cheerleaders as Drew has."

Speaking of the devil, Drew pulls into the school parking lot late giving us less time to run through our clues. We've been getting to school early and staying late hoping to catch up to the Mavericks.

The moment he gets out of the car I quickly understand why. Kim climbs out of the front passenger seat and her friends climb out the back of his car. She waves to me with this sly grin on her face and her friends all have the same look on their faces.

Like they've just won some contest against me that I'm not even participating in...

Drew walks up as if it's completely fine for him to not only ride to school with his ex, but to be so friendly with our sworn enemy at the moment. And I'm not the only one gawking at him this time. Even Scott is open mouth gaping at him.

"Bro are you serious?" Jason lights into him before I get a chance to. For different reasons of course. "Dude, Kimberly Caldwell and her friends are the enemy. Why the hell are you giving them a ride to school? How do you know she's not pumping you for information? Or snooping trying to figure out what we're up to."

"Look, they just stopped by the house and asked for a ride. It's no big deal."

"Really?" I frown. "So, if I pulled up with Quincy it will be no big deal then either, right?"

"Don't use me to get a rise out of him," Quincy backs away throwing his hands up. "We just squashed our beef."

"Why are you tripping? I just gave her a ride. It's not like I'm still sleeping with her."

"How am I supposed to know that?"

"You're supposed to trust me, that's how," he huffs.

"Trust you? It wouldn't be the first time you cheated on me with her or her with me, now would it?" I throw that fact up in his face. "Trust is earned Drew. And you sure as hell don't earn it pulling up with girls in your car. Specifically, one you used to sleep with."

"So, I can pull up with girls I never slept with then?" He asks being a smartass.

Rolling my eyes, I just walk away. I have to. He thinks he's funny and I really want to put my whole fist through his face right now. And to think I actually slept with him last night. It makes me even more angry just thinking about it.