AAU GAME

Now that the press is in full swing around Drew, colleges around the world are saying he's the next big thing. Drew's dad is apparently back in the picture after a brief hiatus, but his parents still aren't together. He mostly came back to help Drew get into the NBA, and my guess is he's hoping to be able to continue to benefit from his son's success.

Drew's dad convinces him to sign up for another year playing for the Amateur Athletic Union or AAU, as I've heard people call it. It's a regional sports team comprised of some of the best players in the game. Most prominent college scouts track these AAU teams to dip into their pool of talent and Drew is by far the best candidate amongst them.

Little did I know the amount of hell Drew would be signing up for now that he's about to go off for college. He's played for the AAU every year since he was seven, but this year they're really bearing down hard on the talent in the hopes of helping them achieve scholarships for college and endorsements.

In addition to practicing and competing in games at school, he has AAU games he has to attend and tournaments he needs to compete in if he wants to get in front of the right people. All caught on camera of course so the footage can be sent to scouts or posted to social media for likes.

This being his senior year, he's in the zone and that has me stressing out about where I'm supposed to fit in to all of this. Ninety percent of his focus is on getting in the NBA, another five percent is on meeting his educational goals, which leaves me the remaining five percent of his time.

Normally I wouldn't complain, but sometimes I barely get to see him. Add in the fact that I have my own career in the WNBA to worry about and our relationship has some serious time constraints.

"What are you thinking about?" Drew asks, between stolen kisses.

"How you don't really seem to have time for me anymore." I sulk.

"Yeah, but I make time for you, don't I?"

I try to sit up, but he won't let me go. "Quickies in the backseat of my car, or sneaking off to the loft for a quickie, is not my idea of quality time, Drew. There has to be more to this than just sex."

"There is, but when I see you sex is all I can think about." He pours on the charm.

"That's because you're a horny toad." I poke him in the ribs with my finger.

"No, it's because I love you," he hovers over me, his palms pressed into the mattress on each side of my head. He lowers himself on top of me like he's doing a push up and kisses me again. "And I love the way it feels when I'm digging up in those kidneys."

"Someone needs to dig off in that big ass head of yours and deflate your continent-sized ego." I joke and then laugh at my own joke.

"If I died tomorrow, you'd miss me and my ego."

"Maybe your stupid smile."

"Who you kidding? You'd be up in your room ugly-crying all over the place with snot bubbles and boogers hanging out your nose." He laughs.

Wanting to both shut him up and kiss his beautiful lips some more, I hook my arm around the back of his head and pull his lips back down to mine. "See," he peers down into my eyes, refusing to allow me to pull his lips all the way to mine until he's ready. "I told you you'd miss me."

His lips descend onto mine and a strange feeling comes over me. It's absolute... a declaration from my soul because at this moment I have everything I could ever want in life, starting with Drew.

Even though he gets on my last nerve sometimes...

"You should leave before Grams comes back."