THE POWERS'

The conversation with my mom went like this, 'I'm the adult and you're the child, therefore I will not apologize to you for anything I've done, but you need to apologize to me. You need to get over it. You need to grow up. And you need to forgive me while I forgive you for nothing and hold everything over your head for the rest of your life because I can... because I'm your mother...'

I had to resist the urge to roll my eyes while she went on her I am mom hear me roar tangent. Part of me wanted to be like, 'you know what mom. Shouldn't an adult also not cheat on her husband with his brother, get pregnant, and have an illegitimate child with said brother, learn absolutely nothing from that experience and then repeat it again?' but to say that would've gotten me slapped, and my flawless face with its radiantly moisturized skin is on fleek right now.

Nope. Like the Stepford daughter she wants me to be I just smile, nod in agreement with her asinine points, and like Elsa and Anna, I. let. It. Go. It's not worth it. And I'm not about to let her ruin my night.

Mom and Mia seemed to hit it off though. GAG. The only thing I hate worse than mom and Mia hitting it off is Drew's dad and my dad being friends. Mr. Taylor talks to my dad, but he refuses to say a peep to me except to tell me how much I'm not welcomed in Drew's life. What's worse is now he has my dad and Mia questioning whether we should be together or not. It's like my dad and Mia have been body-snatched by Drew's dad and replaced by mindless clones who are now also out to get me.

The only people left who believe Drew and I should be together are Drew and me. His friends don't like that fact that I almost got him killed, and mine say Drew is too much of a dog to deserve me. It's no wonder we're always arguing. Well, that and the fact that Drew loves to get on my last nerve.

"Oh. My. God," Patrice gasps, smacking me on the arm. "Is that who I think it is?"

I follow her gaze over to two girls who look vaguely familiar but the connection of how I know them hasn't come to me yet. Then it clicks and I silently curse the universe for putting the Powers sisters back in my orbit. No, back in Drew'sorbit.

Every guy has that one girl that comes into his life and completely screws him up for the rest of us. Vanessa Powers is that girl.

She's selfish. She's self-absorbed. And Drew had it BAD for her growing up. But from what I've heard from Patrice, Em, and Drew, she did him real dirty when she hooked up with Dreux Dereon while they were together. Then she just ghosted him. By that time, I was locked up in Candor for the first time. So, I wasn't able to be there for him.

"I heard her dad got traded back to the Kings," Chloe informs us.

Aaaaand they're heading our way. Damien Powers, Vanessa and Vicky's dad, walks right up to my dad, shakes his hand and pulls him into a bro hug. That's when I realize the two of them obviously know each other from when they both played for the Kings.

Great...

"This is my daughter Sidney," my dad introduces me to Damien and his daughters. "Sidney, this is Damien Powers and his daughters-"

"Vanessa and Vicky Powers," I cut him off. "Yes, I remember."

"Wait a minute," Vanessa narrows her eyes at me. "Kit-kat?"

I'm thinking maybe I had a teensy chocolaty goodness covered wafery problem when I was a little kid.

"Yep. That's me." I nod.

"I thought your dad was-"

"It's a long story," Mia cuts her off.

"Oh my God, is that Drew?" I hear Vicky ask.