THANKSGIVING

Now that Drew and I are on good terms, it means spending Thanksgiving together. He'll be coming over to Grams' first and then we'll spend the rest of the time at his moms. She makes some bomb greens.

My dad's side of the family packs out Grams' large house and the smell of her famous peach cobbler hangs in the air. Accompanied by conversation and laughter.

Everyone is glad to see Bill and my dad under the same roof together, acting like brothers again. The homewrecking tornado known as my mother nowhere in sight. My cousins, on the other hand, are happy to see Drew still hanging around so they can brag about knowing him. They actually kick me to the curb to take selfies with him.

Em, Xerxes, Josh and Trisha show up now that dad is staying with Grams, making my day complete. I miss them and any time I can spend with my nieces and nephews is a plus.

My current goal is to teach Joshua how to call me Tee-tee.

While Trisha, Em, and I catch up on everything that's been going on in our lives, Drew and Xerxes catch up on everything they've missed being apart from one another. The two of them together is double-trouble.

Taking a moment to look around and appreciate my family and friends, my heart is full. Even Bill is smiling instead of scowling, and I'm not the only one who notices his transformation.

"I knew Drew was going to pop that cherry of yours sooner or later," Trisha teases, elbowing me in the side.

"He was hella slick about it too. Talking about just trust me. I should've known better, but before I knew it, I was no longer a virgin." I give her and Em the short version of those events, sparing them the intimate details.

"You guys look happy though. So, you made the right decision," Em smiles, holding my new niece she happily named Xiana. Xerxes is holding my nephew Xander. I'm not quite sure where she was going with those names, but my niece and nephew are absolutely beautiful. "He talks to Xerxes about you all the time. When are you going to lock Drew down with a baby of your own?"

"Never," I look at her like she's crazy. "We have a hard-enough time trying to pick a movie we both agree on," I deadpan. "Co-parenting with Andrew Taylor will have to wait until we get along better. Or his ego deflates a little bit."

"Good luck with that. It will only get worse once he gets drafted," Trisha warns.

We all burst into laughter causing Josh, Drew and Xerxes to look our way. They're probably talking about us like we're talking about them.

"If I were you though, I would consider it before someone else does," Trisha suggests. "These girls out here be thirsty. Josh isn't even in the NBA and I still have to check females on a daily basis. If Drew makes it into the NBA, it'll be a million times worse for you. BUT... you'll be set for life."

"I don't want his money. I plan to have my own."

"Having his too wouldn't hurt though," she winks. "I'm just saying."

While Trisha and Em do their best to convince me I should be trying to sew my future with Drew up by having his baby, I glance over at him wondering how many other girls have had similar thoughts.

I love Drew for his mind, his personality, and how he makes me feel when he's not being an ass. He's my motivation. My best friend. My everything. He gives me purpose at times when I feel like I have none, and his success is only the icing on the cake of what I already feel is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

Catching my infatuated gaze, Drew walks over to me and wraps me in his arms around my waist while the conversation continues.

Just when I think this day couldn't get any better, it gets worse. Vanessa, Vicky, Damien and Vivian Powers walk into Grams' house.