HALF TIME

I crushed it during my game despite what happened with my mom and Drew's dad. Drew talked me into apologizing to both our parents. So, I did. My mom tearfully accepted my apology, but Drew's dad ignored me. I'm convinced this man genuinely hates my guts.

Sitting with him and my mom I watch Drew's game and listen to them reminisce about all the fun times they used to have together with Bill and Drew's mom. They get on the subject of Bill and how no one has seen him, and I listen intently for any clues they may have as to where he might be. They have none. They're just as clueless as I am.

Pulling my phone out of my pocket, I text my dad to ask him where I might be able to look. It takes him the entire first half of Drew's game to text me back a long list of places Bill could be, which means he must've either been on the road or training.

The cheerleaders take to the court and it grates on my nerves when I see Vanessa and Vicky amongst the cheerleaders. She smiles at Kim and they both look over at me.

Why are females so messy...?

Of course, she would befriend my enemy. I've come to understand that this is just what females do. They're messy, they're vindictive, they're petty, and they're vicious.

Me included.

Chloe waves me over to sit with her and Patrice, and I join them a few rows down leaving my mom and Drew's dad to memory lane. "That blowout with your mom sounded intense." Chloe flashes me a sympathetic smile.

"It was intense."

"I knew Drew's parents were having problems, but I didn't know he cheated on her."

"Hence why Drew got mad at me. He told me that in confidence and my big mouth just blabbed all of his business to the entire school."

"You didn't do it on purpose. Stop beating yourself up." Patrice waves me off.

Pulling my girls into a hug I thank them for being the best friends I could ever have. I don't know how I could've survived this long in high school without them.

Consumnes cheerleaders finish battling the cheerleaders from the opposing team and break into a dance number. Each of them heads over to the sideline to grab a basketball player and it doesn't surprise me when Vanessa takes Drew by the hand and leads him to a row of seats that's been setup in the middle of the court. I knew it would either be her or Kim.

"I swear this thot just won't quit."

"Ignore her, Sid. This is the only way she can get a rise out of you because she knows she can't get to you any other way. Don't let her. Smile and let her have her little moment." Patrice talks me down.

Plastering a smile on my face, I watch as Vanessa dances all over Drew, straddling him in a chair, bending over in front of him, and whipping her hair all over his crotch. In my head I've murdered her a million times already, but on the outside, I feign amusement at her thirst.

Drew's nervous gaze meets mine a few times and I smile to assure him I'm good. He has to be a good sport about this for the sake of the team.

The routine ends with her sitting on Drew's lap, her legs wrapped around his waist. She's bent backwards with her hair sweeping the floor and her hand reaching out to the crowd. Only at the last moment she goes from reaching to pointing at me and winks.

She seductively removes herself from Drew's lap and he has a very visible boner that leaves absolutely nothing to the imagination. I'm sure I'm not the only one who caught that