The Dragon

This will be a short, one point of view chapter, sorry. Though there will be something very big.

      Luke's POV,
      I didn't like it. I didn't like how late it was. I didn't like how sad he was, I most defiantly didn't like the haunting aura of fear and pain radiating off of him as he entered the tent.

    "Oh, gods, Perce." I rushed up to my feet and over to him. I grabbed his shoulder but he shook me off.

    "Luke, not tonight." He slumped down on the tent ground. No mater how much I didn't like it, I had to respect his space. We'd all seen what happened when we didn't.

      I went back to my bed. A thousand conclusions reached my mind. A thousand problems I could fix and a thousand others I couldn't.

      I looked over at the Commander. The rest of the army wonders why I've made it my soul purpose to protect and take care of him. At first it was just a way to make up for all the bad things I did to him. After a while it just became a habit. He was family, and family protects family.

      I closed my eyes letting the nightmares flood in. Dozens of campers surrounded me. In the hazy image they all held weapons, all pointed at me.

      "Traitor..." They whispered. "Betrayer... monster... killer."

     It was the face of a girl around sixteen and in black ripped jeans that caught my eye. A sliver crescent rested on her jet black hair. A bow hung on her back and across her shoulders  a silver hunters jacket lay.

    "How could you?" Thalia's voice was the same as it was in every dream. Filled with betrayal and disgust. I carried the weight of their hurt on my shoulders everyday. I hated myself for what I'd done. I used my dying breath to try to make it better. To try to do something good for a chance.

     Omega says I was forgiven but I know the lie behind his words. This dream, the angry demigods, was the reason my hood stayed on. I can't look Annabeth and Thalia in the eye without feeling the guilt fall on me like a collapsed building. I couldn't handle it.

     I let the familiar darkness of sleep pull me away from the nightmare and waited for morning.

                                       -:-

      I was woken up by the clang of metal. Perseus the original and Zoe stood over me clashing a spoon against a frying pan.

      "Wake up, pretty boy." Sparks teased. "Your boyfriend won't let us leave for breakfast until your up. Hurry up, before my stomach eats you instead!" I laughed at the legends demands.

     "You have to get off me first." I groaned pushing the two away. I began to pull my shirt off when I noticed they were still there.

      "Ummm, I'd prefer if I had some privacy."

     "And we'd all prefer if you'd hurry you slow butt up and get changed." Zoe stormed out of the room. I grunted as I got changed into some joggers and a plain white shirt. It didn't mater what I wore as long as I had my cloak.

     As I walked out I saw Selena roll her eyes. It was one of the moments where I wished other members of the army couldn't see through everyone's cloaks.

     "Seriously, joggers?" She palmed her face. "You need almost as much help as Omega."

      "Watch it Beauty, I can take away breakfast rights." Percy threatened. Everyone laughed as we walked towards the camp.

      I caught up to Omega. "Hey, You okay?"

      He responded with a glare. No mater how close we got his looks still sent shivers up my arms that scared the crap out of me. "Was I ever? Is any demigod ever okay?"

      "Fair point."  Silence swallowed the army as we neared the dinner hall. We took our usual seat beside Nico. Bianca pulled her hood down. She gave her brother a hug before sitting down.

     From across the room I saw Annabeth staring at Omega. Her eyes held more worry than mine. She stared until she noticed me. Her eyes changed to pitty and I felt guilt take over me.  She kept looking between Percy and I as if trying to figure something out.
You know what happened last night? I mouthed at her. I saw her gulp.

Ask him. She moved her lips silently and went back to her food. I looked at Percy. His eyes found mine before they found his.

     "Well at least she kept her word. She didn't tell you after all." He said. His eyes were like lasers as they stared at the wood table. "I was walking with her, discussing some... issues when I triggered a memory. Let's just say I had a break down."  I could tell how hard it was for him to just tell me that.

      "Okay." Was all I said.

      "You're not going to ask what the memory was?" He sounded surprised.

       "Do you want me too?"

       "Not now. Maybe in a day or so."

       "Okay then." I sat their in silence after. I picked at my hash browns and everyone and then laughed at a joke. I didn't like how many campers were in the room. How many people I betrayed. I felt as through a shadow was creeping up on my and swallowing me whole. My breaths quickened and Percy must have noticed because his hand had crawled towards mine and clutched my fingers.

     I felt myself calming down. His touch reminded me that no mater how many people hated me I still had the army. He worried as much about me as I did him. Except his worry spread over the whole squad. I could feel how eager he was to protect us until he let out his last breath. Loyalty was his fatal flaw after all.

    I looked at Percy. Maybe that's why the camps betrayal hit him so hard, I thought as I stared at his broken face. 

SCREECH! A loud ear splitting noice ring out. The whole camp leapt to their feat. Everyone ran out of the dinner hall and toward the fields.
      "What the name in Hades smelly
underwear..." Beckondorf walked up next to Omega and I. Just a few feat in front of us a giant heap of golden metal lay. It had thousands of gears and pulleys. A tail came out the end of a body that was held up by four bronze legs. It's head glinted in the sun.

     You got to be kidding me. Why couldn't it be a Minator or even a god but noooo! It had to be a freakin bronze mechanical dragon.

     A figure walked out from behind the beast. The whole crowd was in shock. His messy brown hair was almost ignored due to all the grease stains on the twenty-ish year olds face and clothes. He swung a rusty wrench around his finger that must of cane from the leather tool belt around his scrawny waist. He had a smile wilder than his wide brown eyes.

      All I could think was who the hell was this kid? I got my answer sooner than I thought.
      Percy's voice was coarse and shaky as he spoke. "Leo?"

————————————————————————
Yup, short chapter.
    Last update: 16/02/2020