Chapter Thirteen

February 18, 2020

Alcina

"Are you blind?" I said puzzled, I wiggled out of his grasp and walked over to the sword. I leaned down and picked it up. "It's right here." I held it out with both hands. I felt it buzzing in my hold, I looked down at the beautiful black blade that had a beautiful silver hilt. It had red rubies at the bottom of the blade. It reminded me of the black key around my neck.

    He looked at me puzzled and took a step backwards. "Alcina?" He said he held out a hand to gesture to me. "There is nothing in your hands." I looked down at the sword once more

"You are not insane." Someone whispered in my ear. My eyes narrowed as I placed the palm of my hand on the sword. "Oh it's here," I spoke as I slid the sharp knife over my pale skin. Soon blood began to drip down my arm.  I held onto the blade tightly, watched as blood dropped down the side of the blade.

     "Alcina!" Cebrus rushes to me and pulled my hand away. He gripped my hand with both of his. He looked at me with distress. "Are you insane? Why are you doing this?"

    "I'm not insane." I looked at the blade now had stands of blood dripping down it. "Do you see it now," I held the blade to him. The blood now dripping onto the floor.

"No, I can't see it." He said desperately. "But I know is there." He moved the sword out of my hand into his own. I looked up at him with shock. "I don't know what this sword is. I don't know if it is good." I looked at the sword.

"How can a sword be good?" I looked up at him before looking back at the sword. How could I be the only one to see it?

"Ah," he paused and looked troubled, then he didn't say anything. "Let's just go to bed." I furrowed my brow as he lifted me up into his arms.

"No, answer my question," I said crossing my arms. "How can a sword be good."

He just sighed and kept walking. Though I knew for sure that in the corner of my eye, wherever I went, the shadow man followed me. Just now, I was the only one who could see him.

He went with me everywhere. I couldn't escape him. Most of the time he was silent, other times he would say a word or a sentance. But that was it. "Leave me alone!" I threw a knife at him in my room. It just went right through him. He has been following me around for a week, I was about to go insane.

He chuckled then looked to the sword at my belt. Then his red shadow eyes looked back up at me. Saying nothing. "Ugh!" I groaned flopping onto my bed. "Just tell me how I can get rid of you. I'll do anything!"

He followed me to breakfast, to training, to everywhere. I just wanted to be alone. He didn't say anything, he just stood in the corner looking at me. "What do you even do. Why are you even here?"

He raised a shadow of a finger and pointed at the thing around my neck. "You are here for the key? Do you want it? You can have it. I don't care for it anymore." If I would have known it would be this much trouble, I would have left it the hell alone.

"Its mine to protect, but no longer mine to own." He crossed one arm over the other and leaned up against the wall, right next to the knife that I had left implanted there.

"Oh, are you saying I owe this?" I looped a finger around the chain, and my tone was spoken in pure sarcasm. To my surprise, he just nodded his head, like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Oh great," I flailed my arms before crawling into my bed. "I'm the owner of a shadow man and a key." I looked up at him, "what even is your name, shadow man?"

"I don't have a name." I groaned, sitting up and leaning against the bedpost.

"Who doesn't have a name?" I placed my hands in my lap. The more I looked at him the more of his details come into view. He was wearing a robe, though underneath I saw that he had human parts. Besides his glowing red eyes, he looked pretty human. Besides the fact his skin looked to be made out of just a see-through shadow.

"You will be Ozul," I pointed at him. He stiffened, then he nodded.

"I will be Ozul."

I narrowed my eyes at him, "is there any way that you don't have to stalk me?" He shook his head. "Is there a way that other people cans see you?"

"The only people that can see me need to be touching the key."

"But Sheila can see you."

"There is a reason for that."

"What's the reason." He shook his head. I groaned, "it's like walking in circles with you!"

"Alright. Can you at least tell me why this key is so important?"

He thought for a moment. "Yes." I waited for him to tell me but it never came.

"Well?" I said using my hands to move him along.

"That is the key to the immortal realm." He pulls up a chair and sits in it. I was left there flabberghasted.

     "Immortal?" What did I just hear. "The Immortal Realm, as in the gods?" No way, gods don't exist. The Immortal Realm was only a myth, a folklore. I watched him as he nodded his head

    "Oh, so you're tell me I need this key to get into the Immortal  Realm," I tugged on the key around my neck. He nodded his head. I gave a joyless chuckle, "let me guess, the Mortal Realm has a key too." He nodded his head. I gave him a startled look, "seriously?" He nodded his head.

    "How many keys are there?" I asked, my head swimming with questions. He raised up four shadow fingers. "Four?" He nodded his head. "Okay so we have the Immortal Realm, the Mortal Realm, and the Mythical Realm." What could the fourth one be? I tilted my head to the side. "What's the fourth one?"

     "The key to the underworld."

I hear hell is quite nice this time of year. Some of the people on my karma list need to take a visit there soon.

ms-Alpp9Y

ms-Alpp9Y.gif--

What do you think is going on in the Underworld?

What is up with all these keys?

Why can Sheila and Alcina see them but nobody else can?

COMMENT AND VOTE PWEASE