Chapter Thirty-Six

November 26th, 2020

Part-Two: Start

(RECAPPING)

--

Alcina

--

"Dusk?" I raised a hand to my lips. He will be here by dusk? I knew the werewolf king would be arriving soon, but just hearing it aloud made my skin crawl. I felt Cebrus wrap his hand around mine from under the table. He squeezed it. Right. Right. I am fine.

What I need to worrying about is Reedy. He could be a huge help in this war. I need to get to him, Ozul told me I needed allies and I would get them. For my country and for... I looked at Cebrus.

Cebrus turned, looking at me from the corner of his eyes. He gave me the, 'is something wrong,' look. I nodded my head and he nodded his head in understanding. At moments like this, I wished we were mated so that we could mind-link with one another. We both stood, "we are leaving-" I put a hand on Cebrus' shoulder.

"I don't feel well at the moment, please excuse me." I looked to Cebrus, praying he understood that I was going to solve other matters and that he should stay to fill me in later. He gazed into my eyes before letting out a sigh with a slight bob of his head. He gave me the go-ahead and I almost pumped my fists into the air with success.

"Feel better!" Sheila waved at me.

"We will see you at dinner!" Xion waved his hand back and forth over his head. I chuckled to myself, when I thought of elves, I thought of quiet and reserved people. Not people like Xion. I guess that is what makes him so likable.

When I walked towards the door, the guards opened it for me, letting me walk through them in peace. I thanked them and heard the door close behind me. Now I was alone standing in Sheila's beautiful black castle. "Dai," I waved a hand, and out from my shadows came my purple-eyed friend. He was just a shadow under his black cloak, the only thing that stood out was his glowing purple eyes.

"What's up?" He wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "You never call me. I'm normally the one to bug you." This is true. Dai and I had a weird relationship. Kind of like a forced marriage, and there was no option for divorce.

Dai has one other like him that follows me everywhere, his name was Ozul, my first forced marriage friend. "I need you to do me a favor," I twirled the two keys that hung around my neck with my finger. These keys are what ties me to both of them, Dai is the Key of the Underworld, and Ozul is the Key to the Immortal Realm. I happen to be the Keyholder, a role chosen by the gods. The keys can open and close the gates to realms.

"Sure, if it's in my power." Dai would be smiling if I could see his face. I had no choice in this decision to be Keyholder. If it was all up to me I would be living in a little hut in the outskirts of the Elvin kingdom living out my days in peace. Away from the person who is hunting me down.

I got chills when I thought of the witch. I thought about how she could be teaming with the supposed dead queen Meave, and the Werewolf king. This is why I had to act now. "I need to go find Reedy."

"Who is Reedy?" He let go of me allowing me to walk towards the room I was staying in. I would send Reedy a letter telling him that I will supply him with whatever he needs to help in this upcoming war.

"An old friend," more like an old mentor, he took me in after my years of being a slave. He is what kept me from being caught for the longest. "An old friend with power." I think they call him the King of Thieves now.

"I'm sorry but I can't leave you, Ozul is already gone finding one of the other keys, I can't leave the Keyholder unprotected." He shook his head. I sighed and crossed my arms.