Chapter Thirty-Two

April 5th, 2020

--

Alcina

--

"I thought there were only two keys I needed to find?" I said looking at Dai who was just as surprised as myself.

"There was an old key, old, almost older than myself, where it would allow you to walk into the spirit realm. This was the age of the Winter Witches. Where humans hated werewolves and no names. A long time ago.

"If I remember correctly, it died with Atiena the Goddess of Victory and Strength." I had to stop him right there.

"A god died?" I said bluntly. Gods don't die. He chuckled, and it made my blood run cold. How much did this man know?

"No." He shook his head. "Her human form did. It died when she saved her mate in the Winter War."

"She had a mate?" Gods had mates?

"Shh," he placed a fatherly hand on my head. I looked over to Dai who looked like he was eating this story up. "She was mated to a werewolf. Thats how she came across the Key to the Spirit Realm." Then he frowned, "though they key has never been found since then. I'm not sure the key even has a guardian." He shook his head.

"Okay," I said recapping. "We know of the key that can lead into the spirit realm, though we don't know where it exists." Ozul nodded his head. "But why would we need it anyway? What's even in the spirit realm."

"Power. The power you need."

"What's the power?" He just grinned. I wasn't going to get anything out of this dead man. "How have you gone this long without a name?" I changed the subject. I just wanted to know to get a general grasp of how long he has been alive, or well, not alive.

"Forever." I scoffed, he wasn't going to budge. I looked to Dai who just shrugged.

"Well." I looked at the moon one more time. "Let's go to sleep. We will discuss this in more detail later." I smiled, turning to my two friends, before walking towards the Ash Palace.

Tonight had been a good night.

--

The next morning I was up at five-thirty. I groaned and rolled out of bed throwing on a green dress, pushing my brown hair over my shoulder. I put on my sword and shield and unlocked the door to see Dai smiling down at me. I raised a brow, "where is Ozul?" I looked down the hall yet no one was there.

"Off searching for the spirit key." I started to walk towards Sheila's office until I recalled not knowing where the office was.

I whirled to Dai, "he left?" Dai nodded. "Wow." Ozul never did strike me as a person to sit around. I turned to the maid running down the hall. I waved out a hand and she turned to me fearfully.

"Do you know where Queen Sheila's office is?" I asked politely with a smile. Even though the only thing going through my head was, 'isn't she a dragon? Why is she acting scared of me?'

"J-Just down the hall," the petite girl with long green horns stammered out. I nodded my head.

"Thank you." I bowed my head before I realized I had just bowed to a servent. That probably won't look good on my record. Her look of shock told me so. I was just so used to doing it when I was a servent that it had just slipped my mind. Oh well, can't take it back now. Even so, I didn't regret it that much. She deserves just as much respect as King Zaivinth.

I started to move down the hall and sure enough, a large oak door to the left shown. I could assume that it was Sheila's room. Her door was slightly ajar and I heard murmurs coming from inside. I leaned against the door, listening in to what was being said.