Chapter Twenty-Nine

March 19th 2020

Alcina

"No." I gasped out grabbing Sheila's arm. "No." I said again. I looked to my mate to see a look of shock gracing his features. "Not everyone." I wanted to throw up. All the people who just died like my slave counterparts.

I felt Cebrus draw me into his arms. "Everyone is dead?" I almost whimpered out, though to my surprise, it came out strong.

Sheila nodded, "I've sent men to check the grave sight." She frowned at her word choice. "We will get more information soon." I watched as she looked at her mate with a frown.

"Could this have something to do with the witch earlier?" Dai said behind us.

    "It must." Grumbled Ozul, his red eyes narrowing with rage. "We must tell him." Him? Who was him? I looked back at them to see them disappear with the wind. Where did they go?

    "Sheila!" A voice sounded from down the hall. I let go of my mate looking to see who was coming down the hall. To my surprise it was someone familiar, yet not at the same time.

    "Oh? Ross?" Sheila's voice came out like a question as she beheld the man coming down the hallway. Who was this man. I wanted to grab my hand and scream that everything was all too much.

    "Who is this?" I said calmly, turning to face this new person. Gods he looked so familiar as I looked up at his features.

    "My brother. Literos this is my friend Alcina. Alcina, Literos. You can just call him Ross." Her brother? Didn't I hear she grew up alone. Oh, this is probably one of Weni's sons.

    "Nice to meet you Alcina." He held out a hand to me. I took it.

    "Pleasures mine." What god was he. What did he do? Was he on the humans side or against it? I let go of his hand and turned to my mate. "You said something about lunch?" I asked Sheila.

    "Oh! Yes! This way." She started walking down the hallway, everyone following behind her.

    It was dark now and I was walking in their garden besides Sheila. "What are we going to do?" I asked her, crossing my arms as I looked up at the sky. It was nice not to see a full moon up in the sky.

    "I just heard that this was no friendly fire." She shook her head. "It started in the Queens bedroom. Yet there is no body." She was referring to Queen Maeve's body.

    "So she started it." I said bluntly. That crossed out the Witch being the arsonist, which was to my surprise.

    "All leads point to her." Sheila said with a shrug.

    "Then where the hell is she? There is no way she would start a fire she couldn't escape." I didn't like some like her on the lose. She could be making a bee line here, or to my kingdom.  I can't let that happen. I narrowed my eyes at the sky. Wouldn't the gods do anything about this or do they just like seeing people like us suffer.

    Sheila shook her head. "I don't even know where to start looking."

    "Well start everywhere but Maeve's kingdom. There is no way she would stay in a place where everyone knows her face." I started calculating every thing that we needed to do to survive this.

    "Right." Sheila looked at me hard. "Where do you think she would go?"

    "Where she needs to go to seek out revenge. I only worked for her to steal her crown, I don't know any of her grudges." I shrugged, we sat down on the white stool.