Chapter Eighteen

Feburary 24th, 2020

__

Alcina

__

     Ozul pulled me up against him, putting him cold shadow hands over my mouth. I didn't think he really needed to for I had already stopped breathing on instinct. Gods, we were going to get caught already.

    Soon the guard passed under us. He looked magnificent with his blue robes, white outline, his stunning sword at his side, and his shield a beautiful circle, unlike anything I've ever seen before. I truly was in the world of the immortals.

    After he was a minute gone, Ozul let me go, I let out a breath of relief. "I assume there are more like him?" I whispered, now on edge. Ozul nodded then jumped off the ledge, onto the red carpet. I followed down behind him. Slowly we made our way around corners and down a spiral staircase. I knew better to ask what was going on because chances are I would just get a nonchalant answer.

     "We're here." We were in an underground cavern and up ahead was a opening of a cave. Green jewels glowed overhead, the only source of light. I heard a water source deeper into the cave, but I couldn't see it. I took a step forward, but Ozul stayed back.

    "Hey, let's go. We don't have all day," I wanted to get back to my mate before he notices I was gone. I turned and was about to pull on my arm when I saw the look on his shadowed face. My stomach dropped.

    "I cannot go any further," he said and placed a hand on my shoulder.

    "Like hell, you're not going. I have no idea what I'm doing!" I pushed his arm off my shoulder, flailing them all over. How could he do this to me, I had no idea what I was doing. Did he lead me here to die? I narrowed my eyes, I was two seconds away from storming back to my room, the moon goddess be damned.

    "You know what your doing, Alcina." He said calmly, it only made me madder.

     "No! What's even in this cave? Will it harm me?"

     "I don't know."

     "Oh, you dong know?" I said sarcastically. "Great, there could be a human-eating demon and you are just going to let me walk in there? I'm in sweats for god's sake!" I wanted to punch him, my fists shook with anger. How could he do this to me?

    "It is different for every person." He looked up at the ceiling. "You can only go in once," he looked at me again. "I failed the last time I did it, and I cannot go in again." He frowned, "that is why you are going alone."

     "What's stopping you from going in?" I crossed my arms, I didn't believe him. He was trying to lead me into an early death. Was it because I was wearing the key. "Is this about the key? Do you want to kill me for the key? Just kill me Ozul, at least I'll see it coming here." I growled at him and started to storm away back up the stairs we just came from.

    "Alcina!" He cried out, grabbing my hand. "Alcina you have to do this. This is the only way. You will not die, oh," He took off his cloak that has been covering his face. I was taken aback by his looks. With his cape off, he looked human, truly human. He had black hair and dark brown eyes. The shadow appearance gone, like it was never there in the first place.

    "Here," he handed it to me, "I want it back." I took it with unsure hands, taking it into my chest. Is this his way of saying that I'm not going to die? I looked down at the black cloak.

    I frowned, "you are really good at convincing me to do stupid things," I sighed as I slipped the cloak around my body. I tied the black chain that crossed over my chest. I looked down at my body, like magic, I was nothing but shadow and wind.

    "You will be okay," I started walking to the entrance of the cave.

    "If I die and lose your cape, that's on you," I hugged the cape closer to myself, I couldn't kid myself, this cape did make me feel a bit safer. I heard his chuckle fill the cave as I slowly walked deeper and deeper.

    Soon I was truly by myself with nothing but my thoughts filling my head. I could hear the sound of the stream further in. Maybe I should go look for it. I might as well, because nobody has told me to do anything but walk and complete something. Which as of right now, this something is still unknown to me.

    I fiddled with the chain between my chest, soon the stream was deafening loud. It had to be close. I looked all over but there was only darkness. But I was used to the darkness. I had gone months waking up in the dead of night to steal, months of doing that. This was nothing. I just opened my ears, listening to the calm sounds of the water.

    I walked for a little bit before stopping "Ah, it should be right here." I reached my hand down, and know and behold, water flowed between my fingers. I say and played with the water for a little while, enjoying a break.

    After a while I said to myself, "maybe I should start moving again." Then I sat up and pushed myself off the ground. Should you follow a river for civilization? Might as well. It's not like I actually knew what I was doing.

     So I walked.

     And walked.

     And walked.

     "Gods where in the world am I going?" I sighed as I just kept walking. I had no idea where to go back, or how long I've been walking. Or how to get back for that matter. I groaned at the thought.

I wanted water, so I just turned to the side and crouched down, intaking water.

    The second I did the ground started to shake. I heard the sploshing of the water increase. I started to panic scrambling backward. "Friend or foe?" This ancient voice rattled through the cave.

    "Who are you?"

     "Alcina Jilur Willith," Why did he know my name. Chills went down my spine. "I am Heidos the God of the Underworld."

--

ITS ABOUT TO GET HOOOOOOOT IN HERE

ms-TCz5lh.gif

What do you think he wants with her?

Will Cebrus find her here?

What is she looking for here?

COMMENT AND VOTE PWEASE