Chapter Twenty-Eight

March 14th, 2020

Alcina

"What?" Cebrus snarled, it send me flying backwards I had never heard something so menacing come from his mouth before. It scared the socks right of me. "Is she still here?" His eyes turned purple as he drew me into his side, his wings wrapping around me.

I shook my head, "no she—" there was a thundering knocking at the door. We turned out head to the oak door.

"You're majesty!" He banged on the door again. "You're majesty, there has been an urgent meeting at the dragon kingdom!" We looked at each other and then rushed to the door all at once. Cebrus opened the door and we filed out together, in perfect sync.

"What happened at the dragon kingdom?" I asked, looking the blue eyed crow in the eyes. Please don't be Sheila, please don't be Sheila. I didn't realize the attachment I had on her until now.

"Maeve's palace," he gasped out, tired from the journey he just made. "Had just been burned to the ground." I looked at my mate with wide eyes. I turned to look at Dai and Ozul who had their hands on their swords, stiff and ready to slit throats.

"What? How?" I gasped out, I glanced between my mate and the messenger. I would leave wether we go or not up to my mate. I was cruel fully relived that it had nothing to do with my love ones, yet.

I must protect. I had to protect. My hands started to shake with adrenaline. He nodded a head to the messenger, then in an instant, he was off. "What did you just do?" I asked looking at the fleeting back of the crow.

"We will be riding on the Bleds," he started walking slowly. I looked at him puzzled for a moment. What in the gods names were Bleds? "A horse with a serpent tail and bat wings." We would be flying there? My face lit up, then I remembered the massacre that happened at Maeve's palace. The queen had it coming for her, but I would never curse that misfortune on anyone. Well minus one person, but that's besides the point.

"I guess we are going on an adventure Ozul!" I heard Dai slap him friend on the shoulder. I wanted to shoot the two fools a glare though I myself didn't want to look like a fool.

"I'm sure we are going to get more information there." I looked up at my mate who was brooding silently next to me. "But I have a bad feeling about this." I shook my head. Someone was barking up the wrong tree and I didn't like it. Don't poke the sleeping bear as they say.

I felt a hand be placed in my head. "My love," he spoke looking down at me. "I will protect you until my dying breath." Cebrus didn't lie and spoke short truths. I felt my heart ping.

"As will I." The words out before I knew I was saying them. It was absolutely instinctual.

--

The dragon's den was a lot more beautiful than I expected it to be. I understood why they called this palace the Ash Palace, for everything was black. I stopped my Bleds right before the black steps with my mate by my side and his personal guards behind us. I didn't even realize we had guards until we reached far beyond the halfway mark. They didn't ride the Bleds as we did, they flew themselves and were much stealthier.

I reached down a hand to the Bleds' mane stroking through its dark hairs. It was a fascinating creature, unlike anything I remembered in the human world. It had a black serpent tail, pitch-black skin, bat wings, and their eyes showed what can only be described as the galaxy.

I watched Cebrus hop off his Bleds and walk over to me. He held out a hand, which had me confused at first, but then he gently took my hand. I hopped off the Bleds with his help and we accended the black stairs to the grand doors of the Dragon Palace.

Before we even reached the top the door opened by dragon servents. I looked at them to see that they didn't look anything alike. One had blue horns while the other had one red and one purple. The horns swirled around their heads like a halo. I lifted my eyes up to see Sheila running at me with her hands splayed out. I felt the impact seconds later, stumbling back before laughing and wrapping my hands around her.

"I have so much to tell you," I said bashfully. When did I become so close to the Shewolf? I watched as she leaned back and looked down into my eyes.

"That's my line. There is so much I need to tell you." Her eyes creased, but then it struck me what her supposed mother had told me. And all the memories of the trials, how she repeatedly said that she hated me. I shivered at the memories, I wish they could be pulled from my mind. I still feel the dry blood cracking in my palms and I could still feel the ghost limp in my leg, even though it is fully healed.

"I hope you are well Cebrus," I heard Zaivinth say from beside us. I look over to see him holding out a hand which my mate took with a nod of his head.

"How have you been?" I said to them looking between the two of them.

"As well as you can be being cooped up in Maeve's castle." Sheila rolled her eyes. "Speaking of Maeve's castle," her expression darkened. "We need to discuss that." She looked at Cebrus. "How much do you two know?" She asked.

"Nothing. We came here right away." I looked at my mate who nodded while wrapping his arm around my waist. I watched the two across nod in union, its no surprise they were mates.

"Then let's discuss, dinner is going to be finished in what," Sheila looked at her mate, "fifteen minutes?" I thought us being here was urgent. That led me to another thought. Where was everybody?

"Are we the first to arrive?" I asked with my brows raised. I didn't know if that was a good thing or a bad thing. I'm not mad that we were early. Though... who wants to be the first one at a party?

"Yes, though Im not surprised, the crows are known for their efficency. I was expecting everyone to arrive later in the night. Though I know that Herus will likely arrive some time tomorrow afternoon." She mumbled to herself as she started walking.

"Herus?" I asked falling into pace beside her. Gods, I missed her. She was a nice friend to have.

"The King of Centaurs," Cebrus said looking down from beside me. He had a soft smile on his lips.

"I don't think I've met him." I shook my head. "But anyways. What's so bad about a fire at Maeve's palace? Doesn't everyone have one of those once in a while." I couldn't help but think to my formers masters' warning.

"You really don't know?" She said shocked. I raised a brow. "Alcina, nobody who was in the palace survived the fire."

GUYS I JUST LOST THE ENTIRE FIRST CHAPTER TO THE NEW BOOK I WAS PLANNING ON POSTING WAAAAA

ms-ku11Eu.gif

Do you think Maeve survived?

What's the meaning of the fire?

Was the witch behind it?

COMMENT AND VOTE PWEASE