Chapter Twenty-Two

March 4th, 2020

Alcina

    I fell into a cold water. It was pitch black. I struggled to see what was up and what as down. I just floated for a bit, holding my breath. It was so much different from the heat box I had just came from.

    I figured out what was up by the way I floated and shortly after I broke the surface of the water with a gasp. The loose hairs stuck to my face. I looked out and saw a shore.

    I looked down at the water. I didn't like the way I couldn't see down into the water. I didn't know what creatures were lurking beneath me. I started the swim to shore, but I couldn't help but notice the burning sensation that my new key was giving me. Why was it burning?

    I reached the shore and slowly scrambled up onto the stone. I flopped onto my back and started breathing in air. I was starting to get very tired. "Maybe I should take a nap right here?" It was nice and cold, and I needed to dry myself off.

    "No." I sat up. "That's stupid. Stupid Alcina." I ringed out my clothes and hair to the best of my ability before standing. I thought it would be best to keep moving so I started walking deeper into the cave.

    "I have actually been walking aimlessly for the last, what, eight hours, probably had fifteen minutes of action tied with possible death, and now I'm back to walking," I started to talk to myself. "I'd rather be running for my life. Then walking like this." I dreaded the walk back. How in the world would I even walk back? One part of the trail was covered in rocks and the other was a fall into a lake. I sighed, I'll just cross that bridge when I got to it.

    Then there was a slithering behind me. I turned on my heels. "What the hell was that?" I put my hand on my sword. I heard scales scraping against the stone floor.

     I started walking again, slowly, this time looking everywhere. It was dark and I could only see a few feet in front of me, thanks to my werewolf eyesight.

    I heard the noise again from behind me. I turned on my heel and looked up to see the largest snake I have ever seen in my life. I couldn't help the scream erupt from my throat. In a second I was making a mad dash into the darkness.

    I was running for my life. I looked over my shoulder and every time I could see the black snake chasing after me. I pumped my arms like crazy. I had to keep going.

    Then I ran into the wall of the cave. I must have broken my nose due to the enormous amount of bleeding, though I don't doubt that some of the bleeding was due to the scratches I had just earned with it. I didn't see where I was going. I couldn't help it. It was pitch black and I had my head on a swivel making sure I didn't become wolf on a stick for this amphibian behind me.

     My head was spinning but I stood and started to run in an entirely different direction because that one didn't work out too well for me. "Holy. Holy. Holy." I was in panic, I had no idea where I was going it what I was doing. I was just running.

    Then I felt it bite my leg and I went down. It was almost unbearable when it's mouth latched on. I used my sword and swiped back at it, digging into its flesh. He let me go only to howl in pain. I scrambled backwards holding out my sword.

    The serpent tried to move around my blade but I kept following it. I looked down at my leg to see it all bloody. Oh gods. I almost threw up all over myself. But I didn't have much time to think about it. I had a giant snake in front of me.

    I scooted back, and the snake came down at me. His large mouth ready to swallow me whole. I jabbed my blade into its eye, and I thrusted. I carved out half of the eye, watching it flop onto the ground. I stared as blood erupted from the other half of the eye still intact.

    This was my moment. I had to run. I had to get away. The snake hissed and howled with pain, it squirming around. I knew I was just pissing it off.

    I had to get away while I could. I had to get away. I tried to stand on my wounded leg, I collapsed to the ground with pain. There was no way. No way I could do this.

    I had to find a way. I looked back to see the snake withering in pain. I looked around me. I saw a ledge in the distance. I needed to get there. I needed to get myself to safety. I stumbled over to there, and I grasped onto the side of the cave. How was I going to climb this?

   I needed to get this started, I didn't have a lot of time. I started slowly, one foot at a time. It was a challenge but surly getting up there. I was almost at the top when I looked back. The snake was looking for me. In that second we made eye contact. I watched as it's beady green eyes looked dead into my soul. I started hauling ass up the wall.

     "Oh my gods!" I screamed in fear as I climbed over a ledge. The snake came up and almost bit off my already wounded leg. I scrambled back, out of reach of the very enlarged snake. I was breathing up and down, my lungs about to give out.

     Blood ran down my temples and I thought to all the people that had loved me. I was so close to being done, I was on my third and hopefully final task, yet there was no way that I can kill the serpent and pass through the door alive. I clutched the new second key around my neck. It stung, just like the first one used too.

    I felt tears drip down my face as I stared up at the ceiling. There was no way I would survive this. All my luck was used up. It was over.

    I thought of Anna. I thought of Sheila. All the adventures I am still yet to go on. I thought of the wolves back home that are still suffering under the curse of the blood moon. I thought of the slaves that burned due to my master. The master I still needed to hunt down and kill.

   I heard the slithering in the darkness. I felt my leg still bleeding. "Gods," I almost started praying. Almost.

    Gods didn't save Anna. Gods won't save me. I sat up and took off Ozul's cloak. I took off my shirt, getting ready to start wrapping my leg.

    "I won't die. I didn't die then. I certainly won't die now." I told myself over and over again as I tied my leg tight, stopping blood flow until my wolf healing could catch up to me. I grunted as I tied to too tight. I looked over the side of the ledge to see the snake there ready to pounce.

    I took a nice long nap. When I woke up, I was surprised that I wasn't dead. I was happy, but very surprised. I stood up and looked over the ledge to see that the snake had fallen asleep. I looked at the eyes of the snake to see one closed and the other... half closed. I winced at the sight, I felt bad for the creature. But I was about to do something that I wouldn't feel bad about.

    Putting the damn creature out of its misery.

     I hopped to the edge, my sword out. I angled myself in a way perfect for the kill blow.

    Then I jumped.

Halfway to Friday my guys! Let's do this!!

—Halfway to Friday my guys! Let's do this!!

ms-bllCFj.gif

You think this is the last task?

Where's the next keyhole?

What key do you think shes going to use?

What's at the end?

Do you think she'll make it to the end??

COMMENT AND VOTE PWEASE