Chapter Thirty-Four

April 26th 2020

Alcina

    "Your heat?" Cebrus said, placing down the teacup he was sipping. "What's a heat?" I sighed to myself, I knew he would have no idea what it was. I don't know if it will affect him as much as it does normal werewolves.

    "It's a tough time for me," I said honestly, and he straightened up. "It will be in enormous amounts of pain, and it's due at any time," I said sipping my tea that was off to the side.

    "What sort of pain?" He leaned forward his eyes flashing purple.

    "I hear its described as a fire within your veins. But it's different for every werewolf." I shrugged, "it's going to be awful and I just wanted to prepare you." I said honestly leaning back in my seat. I watched the swirling red liquid in my tea, refusing to meet my mates eyes.

    "Will you die?" He said quietly as if he didn't want to hear the answer. He looked very handsome in his loose shirt. I could see all the way down it towards his abs.

    I scoffed looking away, "no." I said bluntly I heard him let out a sigh of relief. "I but I will feel like I am dying."

    "Is there any way to prevent it?" He held his hands together genuine worry in his eyes. My heart pinged at the look. I think he really does love me.

"Well, you will need to mark me." I said shyly looking out the window of the gazebo, watching the men walk around with their swords on their hips. A few tried a looking in at us and when we made eye contract, they instantly scurried off.

"Mark you? To stop the pain?" I slowly looked over at him and nodded my head. "That's it?" I almost dropped my tea cup.

"That's it? That's a big deal!" I said placing my tea down and shoving another sandwich into my mouth. That's the thing that would keep us together for the rest of your life.

"Oh, it's not that big of a deal to the crows then," he said bluntly looking at me curiously. "Why is it so important for you?" He rested his face on the palm of his hand.

"What do you mean it's not a big deal?" I said confused, "it's the bond that binds is together. It's a huge deal!" I splayed my hands with exaggerated motions. It was a very important thing to me. One of the only werewolves customs that I still held on to.

"I would mate you now and get it over with." I stood with a hand on my heart. How could he say that to me?

"To me it's just more than that..." I said with a sigh. "Mating is more than just getting the pain over with... it's about love and—" he cut me off right there.

"Alcina. I would mate you right now. Not just to do it, but because I love you. But I don't think you want me to mate you just yet. And that's okay." He gave me a lopsided smile. "But... please... don't think for a second I do not love you." He reaches out and grabbed my hand. "You are very precious to me." Ugh I felt tears prickle my eyes.

"I guess you are precious to me too." I heard him laugh as he ran his finger along the knuckles of my hand.

"Alcina." I felt the tears come to my eyes. But I kept looking away. I wouldn't let him see me cry. But it just felt so good. Good to be loved again. I hope this didn't break. I hope I would break it. "Alcina, look at me." I turned my head to look at him. "I love you." My mouth opened wide.

He smiled and laughed, "you don't have to say it back." He looked at my hand that he was holding shyly. "I just wanted to let you know." He raised my hand and planted a feather light kiss onto it.

"Oh, Cebrus." I love you. I love you so much. My world now revolves around you. I want to be a good queen. I want to protect you and your people. I want to be the best that I can be for you. I'll take on all this pain and more, just so that you could live happily. That would be a satisfying sacrifice. A sacrifice I would happily give.

"Thank you for giving me a better life." I looked out into the garden. Who knew I would stop running from the witch and start living my life again. Who knew I would have people rely on me again. I won't let them down this time. I won't.

He sighed, "I didn't do anything but give you trouble." Then I saw his face light up. "Oh I forgot to tell you." My eyes drifted up to his. "Turned out that our witch it somewhere in the werewolf kingdom. I had an assassin on her." Then he clenched his fists. "But something happened and I haven't heard from him since."

My mouth opened and almost fell off my face. "Wait. In the werewolf kingdom?" I rested my free hand on my forehead. "Oh my gods." It was just a speculation and I had no evidence to back it up till now.

"I guess that supports your claim a little more." Then suddenly noise erupted in a different side of the castle. I snapped my head to Cebrus, who furrowed his brows.

"What's that about?" I stood from my seat. "That can't be good." Cebrus rose from his seat. He took two steps and opened the door and did a signal or something of that sort. All of a sudden a crow was in front of us.

They exchanged eye contact then the crow flew off again. Which left me thinking how in the world did they just communicate? "Cebrus, what was that?"

"What was what?" He said with an eyebrow raise.

"How did you just order him with your mind. Do you have a pack link?" I would feel so stupid if he did.

"A pack link? No. My men just know me well." Then he held his hand out to me. "My guess is someone just arrived at the castle. Care to see who it was, my love."

I took his hand and looked him in the eyes. "Let's hope it's a friend and not a foe."

Ahhhhh I think their relationship is WORKING!!

—Ahhhhh I think their relationship is WORKING!!

ms-KghNdA.gif

Hows everyone doing?? Alive hopefully?

We starting to like Alcina?

Who loves their relationship?

Who is at the entrance?

COMMENT AND VOTE PWEASE