Chapter 6

Alyssa POV-

Once Kacey had left, I sat there thinking about her, her hair glowed like dark honey. It ran down in rivers of reds and browns as each rivulet shone deeply. Each individual strand was a soft feather falling. The hair was radiant with passion trying to bring eyes to look at the depths of the auburn like hair reminding all those of autumn and better times.

Her eyes spoke of a beautiful soul and her movements told of a need for nurture, but then perhaps that's how we all are. I knew right then, that all she needed was my love, something steady to hold onto and in time those eyes would shine as they were born to. And perhaps in that rescuing of her I was rescuing myself too. For what is the appearance but the window dressing of the soul?

As I was thinking about her Elsie notified me she had been shown to her room, she'll be the only one on the floor with me as eventually she will become my Luna.

I think we will get along really well, me being a talkative, loud person, whereas she's quiet and shy. We will be able to bring each other out of our shells.

Once I was finished with my daydreaming I decided to finish the paperwork I had left, i did most of it before, but I have a little stack left to go through and sign.

Surprisingly it only took me half an hour to do about 2 hours of work, I guess I wanted to see her really badly which made me work quicker, but I'm not complaining.

"Elsie please can you tell Kacey to meet me at the front of the house"

"Sure,I'll go tell her now"

"Thank you"

I walked out of my office and locked the door, walked down the corridor and descended down the stairs.

Once I had reached the bottom i noticed she was standing there waiting for me.

"Would you like to go to the garden and get to know each other a little better?" I asked her.

"All right" she relied quietly.

I made a gesture for her to follow me and walked to the back of the house, the garden were full of all kinds of flowers, some rare some common.

I guided her all the way to the back of the garden to the bench, the bench was imposing, it was more of a throne than a casual seat for a garden. The high ornate arms rose on each side and the back was tall with carvings of wolves and paws on.

We sat down and looked at each other "what did you want to talk about then?" She asked me. I was surprised she said it with so much certainty, I hadn't heard her talk like this before.

"Let's start with a couple of simple questions, and work out way up to more personal ones, but only if that's okay with you"

"That's fine"

"Okay, what's your favourite colour" I asked.

"Mine is burgundy, what's yours?"

"Blue" I answered back.

These sort of questions went on for at least half an hour, I had gotten to know a lot about her, she likes to read, she is smart, loves children and also loves to cook, but not for large amounts of people.

I wanted to get to know her on a deeper level though so I started with the questions.

"Why were you made an omega?"

"My mother was fighting some rogues at the border of our territory, one of the rogues had laced their claws with silver and managed to get my mum" she paused eyes filling with tears.

"You don't have to continue if you don't want to" I said sympathetically.

"It's okay I'll continue, they got my mum quite badly, she couldn't heal because of the silver and her wounds got infected, she ended up dying a couple of days later. My dad blamed the alpha because he sent her to go help with the rogues, he started to go crazy and challenged the alpha, he managed to get himself killed, leaving me alone. They didn't like what my dad had done so the demoted my rank from being the next beta to an omega to show people what happens if you or your family disobeys the alpha" by the time she had finished she was shaking and her fists were turning white.

I made the choice to scoot closer to her and try take her into my arms, she allowed me to wrap my arms around her and comfort her.

She was crying in my arms for about an hour until she calmed down, "one last question, what pack were you in?"

"The Risingmoon pack" as soon as I heard that name I growled and Kacey shifted away from me.

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you, they are this packs rivals and are always trying to overthrow our pack, but they have never succeeded" no wonder I didn't find her, I would never step foot in their territory unless it was to fight.

She must of saw how guilty I looked, because she came closer to me again and rested her head on my shoulder.

——————————————————————————

If you haven't already please check out my book 'repairing a broken heart' also thanks for 300 reads.