Chapter 22

When text is underlined it means they are talking through mind links.

Kacey POV-

As I walk downstairs I spot Alyssa with a small figure but they both have their backs turned to me, so I don't know who the other person is, but I can tell it's Alyssa from the scent lingering around the room.

As if she could sense me behind her she turned around and greeted me, all I could focus on what's the small boy by her side.

"Alyssa who's the little boy?" I asked her probably sounding confused.

"He's a rogue, he was found in the border of our land a little earlier and I asked them to bring him here because she's a child" she explained to me.

"Where are his parents?" I asked.

"He said he's never had any and he ran away to look for them" she answered me sounding sympathetic for the boy.

"Do you want me to take him for you? I love kids and you probably have some more pack issues to sort today rather than looking after a child" I questioned.

"I have a couple of things to do, are you sure you can look after him for a bit?"

"Yeah, go do your job I'll be fine"

She thanked me while giving me a kiss to the forehead and headed back upstairs I'm presuming to her office.

As I walk over to the kid I realised I didn't find out anything about him from Alyssa, not even his name.

"Hey little man, what's your name?" I asked him in a slightly higher pitched voice.

"Hunter" he answered back rather calmly.

"How old are you?" I asked.

"I am three" he said starting to get louder.

Considering he is so young he seems quite well behaved from what I've seen so far, although I've not been with him for long.

"What do you like doing?" I asked him trying to find something we could do together to pass the time.

"I wike to play outside and draw" she answered with a massive grin on his face.

We have loads of area outside we could make use of but it would be quite easy to loose him or for him to go missing so I'd rather spend some time drawing with him.

"Do you wanna do some drawing with me?" I asked him hoping he would agree.

He just nodded his head and continues playing with his fingers.

I stood up and went to go get some paper and a couple of crayons and pencils so he could colour in what he drew if he'd like.

We continued doing this for quite a while I'd lost track of time so I don't exactly know how long. We asked some questions to each other throughout the time and got to know each other a little better. I feel a really strong connection to Hunter but I don't know why, maybe it's motherly instincts.

Hunters still drawing while I'm just sitting here looking at him. I noticed we look quite similar, we both have blue eyes, that are quite a similar shade. It's the same with out hair, it's sorta weird, it also kinda reminds me of my past.

Just remembering about it makes me panic, I started to breathe heavily while memories from my past keep flashing through my mind.

I was 14 when I had them, they were perfect, worth all of the pain.

I could only hold them a couple of minutes before the alpha ripped them from my grip and told me I'd never see them again, them couple of minutes were the happiest of my life.

They were made rogues, the alpha was setting an example that if anyone crosses him their family would suffer, my family had to suffer all because of my dad, why did he have to attack him.

I hope someone found them and have given them a good life so far, at least a better one than I have had.