Chapter 20

When text is underlined it means they are talking through mind links.

Thanks Shayabella for helping with this chapter.

Kacey POV-

I can feel the warmth from the sun on my face as I wake from my slumber. I roll over to find the other side of the bed empty and cold, telling me that Alyssa has been awake for a while already.

I groan as I open my eyes to reveal the blinding sun making me flinch from the sudden brightness. Once I am able to keep my eyes open and not be blinded I begrudgingly get out of bed and head to the bathroom with the set of clothes that were folded up on the end of the bed, probably Alyssas doing.

When I get into the bathroom I place the clothes into the heater so they will be warm when I put them in after my shower and other things I need to do.

I strip from my pjs and I stepped into the shower, toes flinching as they touched the chilled ceramic floor.

I was in the shower for at least 40 minutes enjoying the hot water cascading down me. It was sort of relaxing in a way.

Once I had finished my shower I turned it off and stepped out onto the soft, fluffy mat that was on the floor and grabbed my towel. Once I had dried my body I wrapped the towel around my hair so I could do my normal routine, which included brushing my teeth and doing my skin care routine.

I grabbed my phone so I could play some music while I did everything, I took a closer look and saw the date, it's my birthday today? I questioned myself. I didn't even realise it was my 18th birthday how stupid can I be. Actually not that stupid I haven't celebrated it for years so why should I start now, it's not like anyone cared right?

When I was done it was nearly 11 in the morning, which is quite late for me considering I don't normally wake up so early and have such a long shower, at least in the morning. When I was down with that I took the towel off my drenched hair and blowdried it adding some volume the way I liked.

The outfit Alyssa picked out for me was simple but nice, it consisted of some dark blue skinny jeans and a short sleeved grey T-shirt that I tucked in at the front.

(What Kacey is wearing)

When I was finished with everything I slowly walked down the stairs slowly, still admiring the house as I passed, even though I had been here for a while, I still haven't gotten used to living in such luxury, wee luxury for me compared to before.

When I arrived down stairs the first thing I noticed was the smell. It was a lovely mix of sweet and spicy and I also picked up on a slight scent of strawberries and cream, which reminds me of the first time I walked into the house and picked up on Alyssa's scent.