Chapter 17

Thank you Shayabella for writing this chapter.

When text is underlined it means they are talking through mind links.

Alyssa POV-

I knew exactly what was going to happen. They were coming for her. My wolf Heaven was restless. She was terrified. We just got our beautiful, perfect mate, and someone was coming to take her from me, from us, from the pack! Not my Luna. She is where she belongs, she is safe in my arms and that is where I will keep her.

"We should not keep her with us here Alyssa," my wolf spoke to me. "She would be safer if we let one of the Gamma's take her from here to that small cabin we have in the woods."I didn't want to argue with my wolf, but I also knew she was right. It would be hard for us to protect her if our back is turned to the enemy worrying about her safety.

"You are right Heaven, I just don't like the idea of being away from her. We just got her with us and I am afriad we will lose her!" Heaven whined at my small outburst, having the exact same fears as I do. But it must be done. I call my Beta's Gamma Jessica.

"I have a secret mission for you, no one but you, me and our Luna will know this." She respectfully nods to me.

"Whatever you need my Alpha," she replies.

I bring out my old, tattered family map. "This spot here, about 30 miles Southeast from here, just outside the patrolling zones there is a private cabin. It belonged to my great grandfather. I want you to take your Luna there and keep her safe. Don't even tell your mate your going here."

She nods, clearly confused, but doesn't question me.

"Please keep her safe."

——————————————————————————
Kacey POV -

Gamma Jessica is telling me to go with her on Alyssa's orders. Why is she sending me away? Just when I was starting to warm up to her she wants to get rid of me. Sensing my inner turmoil, Jessica speaks up.

"I know your questioning why she is sending you away, but clearly someone from your old pack is coming and she feels you will be safer if your not in the direct conflict." I understand that she wants me safe, but I am Luna am I not? I have the right to fight back as much as anybody in the pack, maybe even more!

Seemingly knowing my feelings I hear Jessica speak up. "Could you really fight your old pack though? I know they treated you extremely poorly. Seeing them again after all the freedom and love you have recieved might cause more harm than you think."

I hum in thought. "I just want to protect Alyssa too. She means a lot to me." Jessica smiles at me. "Time to shift, we have a long run," she says, turning into a charcoal colored wolf with brilliant amber eyes. I shift into my small wolf and follow her in the direction she's heading.

20 minutes into our run I can hear someone stalking in the trees to our right.

I mindlink Jessica and let her know, but before I know it, I am launched 20 feet into a tree with a sickening thud. I hear Jessica whimpering in defeat as I see a dirty brown wolf let go of her throat. I can tell that Jessica will be okay if her doesn't hurt her anymore.

He stalks towards me with a deep threatening growl as he gets ready to pounce on me. As he is midair, about to land on me i tightly close my eyes and through the mindlink say "Alyssa, I love you."

I hear a large impact, but its not me. I open my eyes slowly and peer around, only to see Alyssa's magnificent wolf tearing an arm off my attacker with ease. The enemy wolf immediately shifts back and I recognize him from my old pack. He is holding his stubbed, missing arm as Alyssa runs up to me.

She grabs me into a hug and the feeling of being complete finally hits me and I realize something.

Alyssa loves me. Truly loves me and I, truly love her.

——————————————————————————

Im going to be releasing the first part of another book today, the hooded fighter, if you want to check it out, but I won't be updating it again until I have competed this one, considering I'm finding it hard to even update this one at the moment.