chapter One

"Hearts are made to be broken"

Chapter 1

I opened my eyes to the harsh rays of the sun, and a scandalous headache. Groaning, I buried my face in the pillow.

I freaking hate hangovers!.

I paused.

Wait....

Speaking of hangovers.... I gasp as a memory of last night surfaces.

Wow.

Then more memories of my hands running through soft, thick and lucious jet black hair, beautiful dark green eyes, the hard, strong body of a sex god, flooded my brain.

I could've continued the list if I didn't notice that the said man, had disappeared.

The other side of the bed was cold to my touch. I felt my heart sink to my stomach, and a thick lump form in my throat.

Looking around the room, and still nursing the hope that he didn't just up and leave after last night, I spotted a yellow stick_on note on the dresser.

I winced as my movements made me aware of how sore I felt.

As I approached the note, with my heart pounding in my chest, I stumbled. I looked down to find my big toe hooked in the straps of my black Lacy bra, throwing in my face what went down yesterday. I spotted more of my clothing scattered around.

So with more determination, I headed towards the note.

Reading it, I felt like I just had a chilled bucket of water poured all over me. My heart sank lower to the floor if that was even possible.

I read the note over and over again my eyes clouding with tears and blurring my vision as I sank to the floor.

"Thanks for last night, the sex was great ;-)"

My eyes flicked to the table and I noticed a bundle of cash on the table nearest to the note. More painful tears pricked my eyes, and I tore the note on impulse.

To him I was just a paid whore.

I felt cheap, used and dirty.

Nauseous, I shakily made my way to the bathroom and threw up.

I don't know how long I stayed in the bathroom, throwing up until my throat was parched, and it hurt my chest to hurl.

Tears streamed down my face as I turned on the shower. I made it as hot as possible and tried to wash off the memories of last night.

How could he?

The smiles, the laughter, the chemistry we had, the dance...hell even that cute little dimple. The way he kissed me, his voice, the seduction of his stupid Spanish accent.

I should've seen this coming, after all his reputation wasn't exactly heartwarming.

Sleeping with a different woman every week, having one night stands with pretty much half the women in the city both old and young.

I choked on a sob as the realization dawned on me, and I sank to the floor for the second time that day.

He took my virginity, and I was just a one night stand.

______________
FLASHBACK

Wednesday
The cool winter air penetrated my thin jacket as I walked home from work.

I dial Jason's number for the 5th time, he still doesn't pick up.

I'd noticed him acting weird these past few weeks,always too busy to meet up,or held up at work and all that.