Chapter Nineteen

"The most wasted of all days, is one without laughter"

Chapter Nineteen.

If eyes could kill, no joking, I'd be six feet under.

I'd never seen so much rage In someone's eyes before.

He glared at me with so much anger,rage and ...hurt?

I couldn't even focus and think ,I was just caught up in our staring contest.

He walked closer to me, his voice tight clipped."We need to talk."

Understatement of the century.

I just nodded, I didn't really have the strength to fight him on this.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by Aiden tugging on my sleeve,"Mom, who is that?"

I bent to his level and rubbed his hair comfortingly "I'll tell you later ok?"

He nodded and I could feel Javier staring at us.

I didn't even turn to look at him, I couldn't handle the anger in his eyes.
"Let's go to your house, as planned"

I saw him nod once out of the side of my eye.

Once settled in the car, I took a much needed breath and tried to calm myself.

"Don't be intimidated, you also have leverage in this conversation that's about to happen" I told myself comfortingly.

I felt a hand on mine, and I looked back at Aiden.

"Mom, it'll be okay I'll protect you, ok?"

I laughed breathlessly, and it did the Job, I squeezed his hand tightly.

Gathering my nerves I  followed Javier's car.

***

I held Aiden's hand tightly when we entered Javier's house.

Jordan was there, Javier's best friend.

"Hey!" He said before his mouth made a large oooo when he spotted Aiden probably noticing his accurate resemblance to Javier.

Javier stopped beside me "Let's go to my room to talk"

I just nodded "Jordan,can you please look after him?" I motioned to Aiden.

"Of course!" He'd gotten over his shock and now looked very excited at the process.

"Mom? where are you going?"

"Addie, don't worry about me ,I'm going to talk with him" I pointed at Javier who was standing behind us broodingly.
"So just play with Uncle Jordan ok?"

He came closer to whisper in my ear "If there's anything wrong, just call me ok?"

I almost laughed but I just nodded. Frankly the idea was kind of comforting even if it was ridiculous.

Jordan took his hand and led him away, I turned to Javier, putting on my big girl panties.

He nodded towards his office and I followed him reluctantly.

I swallowed nervously when he closed the door behind us.

He faced me, his eyes blazing "Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why didn't you tell me?"  His voice was eerily calm.

" Well, I didn't think you would want to know."

"What?" What do you mean?"

"I mean a lot of things Javier! I have reasons why I didn't tell you"

"What are your reasons?" He looked furious now.

"You wouldn't have accepted him" I said in low voice.

"How do you know that"

"It was obvious"

"So you kept my child from me just because of your thoughts?!" He spat.

"Newsflash Javier, I was the one who was treated who was treated like a paid whore, I was the one who was left behind ,I witnessed the woman who was thrown out of your office! And you expect me to have humiliated myself that way!?"

He looked shocked and I continued " If I had come to your office claiming I was pregnant with your child, I would've probably become a laughing stock because of how you'll humiliate me by denial!" I huffed and laughed bitterly

"My son would've just been a burden to you, an obligation you didn't want. Why would you want a child from someone you considered a whore!!?" I screamed.

At this point I was crying and hitting his chest and he looked stunned and speechless.

"If you don't have anything to say to me, I'm leaving" I wiped my face, "I came here today to tell you about Aiden because I thought you had to a right to know"

I turned to leave and he pulled me back.

"What do you mean by whore Ivy? I never thought of you as a whore" he said softly.

"Javier, you can stop the act now"

He looked confused and my temper flared,how dare he put on an act!? When he didn't even remember what happened.

"You left Javier, you took my virginity and left me a note with  money Javier! How do you think I'd feel,  if not like a whore?" My voice broke on the last word.

"Ivy, what do you mean I never left you money." He seemed genuinely confused.

I felt like slapping him, he didn't even remember.

"Your note said 'Thanks, the sex was great'  and you left money the desk like you were paying me for sex. if you weren't insinuating, that I was a whore, then what else?"

He pulled at his hair and dropped into the couch.

"Ivy" his voice broke "I never left you a note like that, I never left you money"

"What?" My voice was barely a whisper.

"I left you a note that contained my number and the reason why I had to leave."

"What do you mean Javier, if you didn't leave the note then who did?"

"I don't know" he pulled his hair, looking frustrated.

"Then why'd you leave"

"My dad collapsed, I had to see him, so I left a note explaining that"

I had to sit on the couch unless my legs would've given way.

I didn't want to believe him, I shook my head repeatedly, if I did,  it would mean every ground I had, to hate him was false.

"If you weren't the one who left the note ,then who was it?"

"I think it was Elena."

***

Author's note

Well that was drama.

Vote and comment it makes my day!