Chapter Nine

9
                         _____

Javier's POV

     I was bored out of my mind sitting there during the interviews. Jordan managed to convince me to sit in on the interviews and also keep an eye out for a potential PA.

   I sent him a glare and  for the nth time he smirked at me. I seriously questioned my friendship with him. He was so convinced that I needed a personal assistant no matter how many times I told him I didn't and that my secretary was enough for me.

When the 5th and the last person walked out I almost stood up to go, but suddenly a girl came running in with her head down.

My heart skipped a beat, she looked very familiar.

I gasped when she raised her head up.

I was too stunned to say anything.
I didn't even realize I was standing until I swayed a bit.

When she raised her head to looked at me ,my heart froze.

I felt goosebumps rise on my skin as her eyes locked on mine.

She gasped ,and I noticed her face become pale.
I heard myself say "Ivy.."

I moved to get to her but before I could she fled.

I tried to go after her but Elena held me back "Do you know her?" She sounded very angry but I couldn't care less.

I snatched my arm from her grip and ran out door In search of Ivy.

I didn't see a sign of her outside. I searched the area but I didn't find her.

I was determined this time ,I won't lose her.

**************

I went through her resume for the 11th time.

I was shocked to find out she has a child but it didn't deter me, because it was indicated that she was single.

I saved her phone number, and address on my phone, an idea brewing in my mind.

Elena stormed into my office "Javier what was that about?"
I could tell she was angry ,the veins on her forehead were popping out.

Elena had always been my childhood associate, we weren't close or anything but our families were. We occasionally  had flings but nothing too serious, I could tell she wanted more. She even left her Dad's company to work in mine.

With my Dad on his sickbed and practically begging me to get married I just had to get engaged to her, she was willing and the most available. I was honestly starting to regret that decision now.

"I'm asking you a question Javier!" she shrieked activating my own anger.

"Elena ,why are you crossing the line? You agreed not to butt into my personal life" I said angrily.

Flinching she sent me a scorching glare. I just ignored her and continued reading Ivy's CV.
She turned an alarming shade of red and stormed out of my office.

Not more than 10 seconds later,
Jordan came in without knocking, I sighed.

"What's with people barging into my office these days?"

He laughed and settled on the chair in front of me.

"She looked pretty pissed off" he said referring to Elena.

"Yeah"

"It's that chick right?" He asked in a softer voice ,only he knew about Ivy.

"Yeah ,it's her"

"Wow ,what a coincidence! After all these years you looked for her, then....boom..she suddenly appeared in front of you. What are you gonna do bro?"

"I don't know ,I seriously don't " I ran my hands through my hair in frustration. "I was thinking of giving her a Job as my PA"

"Already whipped?" He smirked.
"You never wanted a PA because you said they get clingy ,I guess you don't mind her clinging unto you right?" He wiggled his brow.

"I don't mind at all " I grinned.

Jordan looked shocked at my straight to the point answer. "Man..you're so whipped"

I shrugged "I guess I am"

Vote and comment lovelies!!!

I dedicate this chapter to duvvy27 my lovely and supportive sister!.