Chapter Six

"Change is law of life and those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future"
_John .f. Kennedy

6
_____

The car ride back home was silent, I was grateful for it. Liv kept shooting me concerned glances from her seat.

"You'll cause an accident if you keep looking at me like that "

"Well, are you okay?" She looked at me again "you're taking this news so well ,I'm worried you're still in shock"

She stopped the car in front of my apartment building.

"I'm okay ,but I'm worried about the baby ,the doctor said I almost had a miscarriage"

She put her hand on my shoulder rubbing it "But then she said if you rest and you're careful enough,the baby will be okay"

I nodded, I was really grateful she was here for me ,I couldn't have done this alone.

"I'm guessing from your actions , you're keeping the baby "

I whipped my head towards her so fast. "Of course I'm keeping it"
A baby is a gift from God, even if I hate the dad.

"Ok that's a great decision,lets go inside and talk more". She smiled understandingly.

_______________

"Jeez!, Ivy you have to see this "
Liv ran over to me almost tripping over her legs.

"What is it?"

She handed me her phone and I read caption.

SECURITY THROWS A WOMAN WHO CLAIMED TO BE PREGNANT FOR JAVIER GONZALO OUT OF HIS OFFICE!!!.

This woman called Jessica Sinclair ,lamented in front of Javier Gonzalo's office building.

"He didn't even see me ,he just called security to throw me out when I told his secretary my reason for coming"

This statement by the victim was confirmed by the series of pictures of her being thrown out.

I scrolled through the pictures and I felt sick to my stomach.

That bastard!.

I felt for the woman because we were in the same situation.

There and then I decided I wasn't letting him know about my child.

My child was too precious to be treated like that ,even in the stomach.

I threw up again ,with Liv rubbing my back and holding my hair up.

As I washed my mouth , I looked at my reflection in the mirror.

I looked tired and worn out . I had series of black circles under my eyes, and my hair messed up in a loose bun.

Liv followed me back to the couch and we plopped down.

"Are you okay ?" She looked concerned.

"Yeah I am ,don't worry about me too much , you'll get wrinkles"

"It's just that you taking everything so well , you're not even crying "

"I'm done crying for that bastard, I'm going to take responsibility for my baby now " I rubbed my hand on my stomach.

"So are you gonna tell him?". I knew she was referring to Javier.

I shook my head "No I'm not ,I don't want to be treated in such a degrading way "

She opened her mouth to talk but my ringtone cut her off. It was my Dad calling, and I made a split decision before picking the call.

"Hello sweetie"

"Hi Dad "

"You sound a lot better today ,how are you doing "

"I'm good Dad,and I sound a lot better because I'm coming to see you "

Liv gasped and mouthed 'seriously'? I nodded at her and she looked at me suspiciously.

"Wow, seriously?!" He sounded so happy.

"Yeah.....but I'm coming with news"

"What news?"

"I'll tell you when I come "

We continued talking and our conversation consisted of him trying to pry the 'news' out of me

"Bye dad"

"Bye sweetie" he sounded worried ,I felt guilty but I couldn't tell him over the phone.

"So are you really going back to your home town for good? " Her voice sounded sad.

"Not for good Liv,I'll just go there for now and get my life together" I felt really sad to leave without her "Liv you know......you ...should come with me, you said your parents don't mind you traveling and you're a freelance writer anyway , location won't affect your job and Alpine is a beautiful place ,anyway I just don't want to stay without you" I rambled in one breath.

She laughed "you're rambling" then she paused " Your Dad won't mind me staying in your house ?"

"Are you kidding me ,he loves people , especially my friends"

"I'd love to go! I've been wanting to go on a vacation anyway"

I crushed her into a hug ,relieved that I won't be alone for now.

"Wait, how long are you staying"

"I don't know yet ,but I just want you to come for now ,you can leave anytime "

"Ok , I'd even love to see you getting round "

I slapped her back and glared at her. "You're so evil Liv"

She smirked"I know "

___________

My dad took the news surprisingly well ,he even looked kinda happy, but he got a little suspicious when I didn't tell him the father and just said I didn't know him.

I knew he didn't buy it, but he didn't pry either. He was happy I was giving him a grandchild. I loved that trait in my Dad,he always looked on the brighter side of things.

My Dad was at my beck and call throughout, I didn't even feel the absence if Javier much. He was practically playing the part of the Dad.

Overall I was happy about coming back ,I felt more relaxed and more healthy.

Authors note

Vote and comment.

Love y'all!