Chapter Four

"If you have been brutally broken but still have the courage to be gentle to others then you deserve a love deeper than the ocean itself"__unknown

4
_____

Back to present

After the walk of shame from Javier's hotel, with people giving me knowing eyes. Some looked at me with judging eyes, while some gave me sympathetic smiles.

I tried to be strong,and not let the tears fall, but it still slipped out from time to time.

The taxi driver kept looking at me through his rearview mirror, I know I looked like a mess but I didn't even have the strength to care.

I finally got to my apartment. With hurried steps I rushed straight to my room and threw myself on the bed where I could finally fall apart.

I heard my phone ring over and over again, I wasn't aware of how much time had passed, the phone rang again, and again and I switched it off not even bothering to check the caller's ID.

About an hour later I heard banging on my bedroom door.

"Ivy! Open the door!" Liv shouted while banging my door.
I couldn't muster the courage to face her or anyone just yet.
I choked on a sob and cried harder , trying my best to be silent.

"Ivy? What's wrong?"
I heard the worry in her voice, but it just made me cry harder than ever.

" Ivy! Please just open the door, please"
She pounded harder on the door.

The moment she heard the click on the door ,she swung it open very fast.

Her worried eyes landed on me.

"Oh Ivy" she hugged me tight and I cried harder than I have ever cried in my whole life.

After we settled on my bed ,she handed me a Kleenex tissue to wipe my face.

"Are you okay?" Then she facepalmed

"Of course your not okay , do you want to talk about it?"

She sighed when I shook my head but nodded anyway

"I understand, I'm going to get you something to drink ,I'll be right back "

I stared at the bleak yellow wall of my room , as I visited last night in my memory.

The way he pretended to be sincerely interested in me when all he wanted was to get into my pants.

Why didn't I think about stuff like this last night, I guess I was just too into my fantasy of him and I didn't face reality. The reality of what happened yesterday just being a casual one night stand to him.

Just a one night stand.

My blood boiled the more I thought about him. His devilishly handsome face, perfect lips and his eyes. His eyes that mislead and lied to me ,no matter how beautiful and mesmerizing they were.

I hated him.

I fucking hated Javier Gonzalo.

"Earth to Ivy?"

I snapped back to reality seeing Liv waving her finger in front of my face.

"Oh sorry.....I was just thinking"

She handed me a cup of coffee
"Ok, I made it how you like it, sweet and full of milk"

"Thanks" I gave her a smile and sipped the coffee slowly.