Chapter Fifteen

"A moment lasts for a second, but the memory lives on forever"

Chapter 15

"Make sure he goes to bed before 8!" I said kissing Aiden on the cheek once more.

"Yes Mom, go already" Liv rolled her eyes at me. "Aiden will be fine"

On cue, I heard a loud honk outside and I cast a glance at Aiden who was watching PJ masks with a concentrated frown on his adorable face.

I didn't know whether to be happy he was so independent and mature. He was actually happy I was going out, and it's the first time I'm leaving him by this time of the day.

"Bye Addie"

He smiled at me and focused on his cartoon once more.

I felt nervous as I stepped out of my apartment dolled up for the event, to a car waiting for me.

The dress I wore was absolutely stunning. Liv had it  ordered for me from Amazon. It was a long blue mermaid dress  and was like a second skin then it flared out at my knee with small studs of diamonds.

I paired it with a really beautiful pair of silver stiletto and silver teardrop earrings.

I admit, I looked really good and felt real good too.

When I stepped out, i spotted Javier beside the car and my heart skipped a bit.

'Ok calm down ,this is just part of your work ' I said to my self.

He could just barge into my house and see Aiden,he was less than 10 feet away from his son.

He looked really handsome in his charcoal black tux and he wore a blue tie matching with my dress.

"You look beautiful" He said  blatantly checking me out, not bothering to be subtle about it "very beautiful" he said in a low and husky voice.

"Thanks" I quickly got rid of my nerves.

Like a true gentleman he opened the car door for me and we got settled in.

We drove in absolute silence, saying the tension was thick is an understatement. It was not your typical tension filled silence, it was very far from that.

I focused on my phone, and tried hard to pretend not to be affected by his thigh touching mine.

I just don't get why he chose to sit so close to me when there was a lot of space.

Still, I  wouldn't give him the satisfaction of knowing how much he affected me. I scrolled aimlessly my Instagram page, liking posts randomly and not even seeing them.

I barely held in a gasp, when I felt his hand on my thigh. Goosebumps broke out on my skin and I felt the pressure at my core.

"When we get there, I want you to stay by my side and take note of all the guests I interact with. Ok?" He said in a totally steady voice, How could he be so calm?

"I..I understand" immediately wanting to bang my head against the car window for stuttering.

He just smiled at me and to my disappointment, removed his hand from my thigh.