Epilogue

"We cannot change the past, but we can start a new chapter with a happy ending"

Epilogue.

One year later.

The double doors opened, signalling my entrance. My heart thudded heavily in my chest.

'Make you feel my love' by Adele was softly playing in the background.

Aiden and Delilah walked together in front me, spraying the flowers. They giggled mischievously as they sprayed some on the audience.

I spotted Javier's parents in the audience. They were looking at Aiden fondly, they loved him to bits. They were so fond of him, and Aiden loved them too.

His Dad was in a wheelchair but his face was bright nonetheless. While his mom was practically about to jump from her chair with excitement.

I clutched my Dad's arm tightly and I heard him chuckle "Don't be nervous, just look at Javier"

And I did, I looked at him, but I was shocked when I saw him staring at me, with his expression very close to crying.

In an overwhelming mix of emotions I felt like joining him.

As I got closer to him, I spotted a tear roll down his face, which Jordan his best man, quickly wiped.

Liv who was my maid of honor whispered from behind me  "Damn he's whipped" I giggled slightly.

I couldn't have ever dreamt of a more perfect wedding. Surrounded by my family, friends and the love of my life.

When Javier said his vows I couldn't help it I cried a little.

He looked into my eyes while saying it, he looked at me like I was the most precious thing on Earth.

"I love you Ivy, because of you I laugh, I smile, and I dare to dream more than I ever have. Thank you for the miracle of you, you are and always will be the love of my life,my soulmate ,my person." His voice cracked a little and tear rolled down his face which I wiped with the pad of my thumb.

I could hear a few sniffles in the audience.

I thanked Liv silently when my  waterworks started that she made me wear waterproof mascara.

I said in a small voice, lips quivering " I want you to know that it  was all worth the wait, It was worth every tear and every smile it was worth every fight and every kiss ,it was worth every sad and happy memory, it was worth every time that I lost you, just to find myself back in your arms again. I love you Javier, so so much"

***
THE END

Author's note

*Cleans tears with tissues* Ivy's ever after has come to it's end guys.

Thank you so much for sticking with me during this journey.

Thank you so much for every vote ,every comment and every read, I can't express how much I love you guys.

Thank you @pittiemommy22 for being my first dedicated reader

Thank you @_mara_chi for giving me ideas and inspiration.

Thank you Dire_francis for supporting me till the end.

I love y'all so much.

***

My social media handles are

Instagram: @claret_vale

Instagram: @bookishgurl_

Tiktok: @claret_vale