Chapter Eleven

"You can't relive your life, skipping the awful parts without losing what made it worthwhile"

Chapter 11

"No, not this one!"

"Yes your totally buying this one." Liv held out the hideous green piece of cloth that's meant to be a dress and I rolled my eyes.

"Nope I'm not"

"Yeah, keep rolling your eyes maybe you'll locate a brain back there."

"You mean, a second one to lend you right?since you don't have any."

She laughed and continued looking at clothes.

She'd suggested that she help me pick out appropriate clothes for my new job.

At first she was skeptical about it, but I reassured her that I wasn't going to fall for his tricks a second time. Once bitten twice.... How did they say that again?

She sent me a mischievous smile and held up another piece of clothing.

I face palmed. "I'm working for a company Liv, not a bar" I rolled my eyes when she pouted.

I felt Aiden tugging my hand and I bent to his level "Mom, when are you going to be done, I'm hungry" he tapped his stomach for emphasis.

I smiled at him while petting his hair "Very soon Addie, and when I'm done, I'll buy you a hamburger this big" I emphasized with my hands.

He nodded excitedly, and ran off again. Probably to probe the mannequin, he's always been fascinated by it, and even had conversations with it. Don't ask me, I don't know how he gets replies from it.

After shopping we dropped by a nearby McDonald's to fullfil my promise to Aiden and also get something to eat for me and Liv.

"So...?" Liv said when we settled down to eat.

"So what?"

"Will you tell him about..."she nodded towards Aiden who was too busy picking the onions out of  his hamburger.

I sighed, I didn't really have any intentions to hide Aiden or anything, it's just...I don't even know I just felt like delaying it a little.

"I plan to,just not now. I want us to settle down here first. I don't want him to think I'm just telling him because I want his money or anything"

She nodded understandingly "That's true"

"He has a right to know. But I'm kinda skeptical about it, you know we don't exactly have a good history and it will hurt Aiden"

At the mention of his name he stopped eating momentarily and to look at me , then he focused back on his food"

"Do you remember that woman that was thrown out of his building?"

"Yeah, I do"

"If he reacts badly I might even lose my job and I don't want to lose it until my Dad gets well"

I shrugged "I'll just have to observe him for sometime and know the kinda person he is"

***************

I groaned when I felt someone
tap me. I turned my back on the person.

Then I heard a small voice "Mom wake up! Aunt Liv said it's time for you to wake up and get ready for work"

"What? It's not even 6am yet" I groaned rubbing my eyes tiredly.

"It's 7am"I heard Liv say

"What?!"