Chapter Ten

" You don't know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice"_Kiara Vale

10
_____

I face planted on my bed the moment I got to my room. I'd never run that fast in my life before. I knew I'd officially blown my chance of getting the Job.

I knew I was bound to meet Javier very soon, but I didn't expect it to be this soon, I wasn't ready to face him yet.

I was shocked when he called my name I didn't expect him to remember ,it felt so nice hearing it from his lips.

I felt angry at myself for running away "you always run away from things you can't handle" my stupid inner voice said.

Bitch? I don't need a reminder.

I wanted to be able to face him with confidence to let him know it was just a one night stand to me too and I didn't have lingering feelings.

I was beginning to feel guilty that he didn't know about our....um...Aiden, after all he had the right to know.

Then I thought back to the woman that was thrown out of his office and I wondered if I'd end up being humiliated like that if I tried to tell him.

The one time Aiden inquired about a Dad, I don't know what he saw in my face because he said "Mom nevermind,sorry I asked" then he hugged me. He was really too matured for his age.

I decided I was going to tell him about Aiden and get them to meet, but I wanted it to be ,when we get settled down here in California.

The only thing he could do is reject him,right? That thought alone made my heart hurt.

I prepared lunch for Aiden before I picked him from daycare. I made his favorite hamburger and I ordered pizza for myself.

I took a quick shower and wore my favorite Ash wooly leggings and a comfy oversized red sweatshirt and I it my hair in a loose bun.

I was excited because this was my first time picking him up and this was his first time going to school. I couldn't wait to hear about his day.

"Mom! You're here!" Aiden ran towards me happily.

I bent down to hug him,ruffling his hair "hey , how'd my baby do today?"

He let go to look me in the eye
"Mom" he said in a stern voice "I'm not a baby anymore I'm three" he said raising 3 fingers.

I laughed "You're always a baby ,my baby "

He groaned.

_

On the car ride home ,my mind drifted back to Javier. I was pulled out of my thoughts when Aiden said "Mom are you okay?"

"Yeah, I am. why?"

"You just look a little constipated and your face is red" I looked at him surprised at his vocabulary but then he said "Is it a relationship problem?"

"Aiden!" He shrugged innocently "do me a favor and stay 3 years old" He shrugged again.

How the hell does he know what a relationship is? I was dumbfounded, he really needed to stop maturing faster than his age.

_________

"How are you feeling Dad?" I asked holding my Dad's hands tightly.

"I'm fine ,you don't need to worry too much," he winced, I knew even if he was saying all these I knew he was getting worse.

I sunk down the wall outside his room the moment I was out. He was getting worse and I don't still have a job. I blew my chances of getting the one job I knew would pay me well.

I felt angry at myself, I had to start searching for another job.

_________

I was downcast when I got home. I noticed Liv's car in the driveway ,she was back.

"Yeah he's the CEO of castle Inc, infact the place you went to is the headquarters"

"Jeez, this is a really awkward coincidence"

She wiggled her brow "it could be fate."

I slapped her upside the head "Yeah right"

The last time I was that naive I got my heart broken.

Aiden came out from his room, rubbing his eyes, just waking up from his nap.

He snuggled into me on the couch and laid his head on my lap.

I continued scrolling through websites looking at jobs. All of them either required manpower or paid really low.

I decided to apply for a warehouse that needed a porter.
It required heavy lifting and I had no muscles but I also had no choice.

Just when I was almost done filling the application form I got an email.

My jaw dropped when I opened it. It said I passed the interview but will work as a PA to the CEO which I now knew was Javier. I started shaking my head, that's just insane I can't do that.

I looked to Liv to let her know and she was already sleeping on the other couch.

My head stilled when I saw the salary 8000$ a month!!!? What the hell!?

The email even included the working hours will be from 8 to 4. Wow this job is really starting to get suspicious.

It seemed as though it was made for me especially, I Immediately shook my head to get rid of those thoughts.

Getting off work everyday by 4:00 was perfect because I'll be able to pick Aiden early enough and I couldn't ask Liv to do it because she's got her own job now.

'This job is too good to be true'
I thought suspiciously.

'With one months worth of salary you'll be able to pay for your Dad's stem cell transplant' my inner voice finally said something not annoying.

If I really took up the job, I'd be able to pay for my Dad's surgery immediately and I could also ask for an early payment.

This would also mean working next to Javier, very close to him.

I groaned with my head in my hands. An idea struck me.

This is it, my chance to show him how professional I am and how it was only a one night stand to me too.

Im also doing this mainly for my Dad.

I replied to the email, saying I accepted.

A few minutes later, I got a reply that said, "you're to start on Monday prompt 8am."

Authors note

Please vote and comment.

Any suggestions or ideas? Let me know

Love y'all!!

Ps_check out my other book
The absence of forever.
You'll love it.

Vote