F is for Friends

"I'm sorry mom I forgot I know we have everyone together," I started to say but Drew interrupted.

"It's okay maybe another time," he shrugged giving me a polite smile. I didn't know whether he was disappointed that I forgot or relieved that he didn't have to stand here anymore. 

"No, it's okay if you go Des. Besides, you spent the whole day helping set everything up and I know Ash appreciated every bit of it. Just go tell everyone you're leaving and grab a piece of cake for Drew." She gave me a smile.

I went to the back of the house gave everyone a hug and tried to ignore all the bashful looks the girls were giving Drew. He was standing in the kitchen trying to figure out whether or not he should go say hi. My dad was eyeing me but I pretended not it notice I didn't feel like getting grilled right now.

"Ooooo Desi," Ash pokes me as I grabbed a slice of cake.

"It's not a date," I whispered.

"Oh whatever just have fun," she laughed licking some frosting off her fingers.

I guess while I was busy grabbing the cake Drew had walked outside to introduce himself. He was already chatting it up with my dad and Quinn. My dad look happy and was even laughing with Drew. That never happened with any guys that have been brought home by any of us. 

Meanwhile Tory and Dylan were giving me lots of inappropriate dance moves from across the yard. I tried to motion for them to stop before Drew saw, but they carried on. 

"Ready?" I asked him, quickly joining his side. By the time I had made it over there Dylan and Tory were talking to him. 

"Yeah let's go," he smiled. He said goodbye to all the girls and shook my dad's hand again. I knew we would be having words later that would be fun. 

We made it out of my house without any further interruptions. There was even time for me to wipe the frosting off of my face. I was a little nervous that the whole encounter was going to make him late. When we reached his car he quickly jogged over to my side and opened the door for me. 

"So chivalrous," I told him. He chuckled strolling back to his side.

"Did you really want this cake?" I asked him when we started driving. "Or did you just agree to be nice?"

"No I'll eat it," he smiled. "But after I don't want to eat anything to close to the fight wouldn't be good," he winced.

"Thanks for coming inside. I know we're kind of a lot to take in. I'm sorry if I made you late."

"No, I made sure I had extra time just in case. I was glad I was invited in. Your family is great," he gave me a heartwarming smile. "How was everything by the way?" 

"It was good. Ash was really happy," I smiled to myself. I began to tell him more details and he listened to every word.

"I'm assuming it's a boy right," he asked gesturing to the blue cake.

"Oh yeah sorry that was kind of the whole point huh," I giggled.

Ugh, what is wrong with me. Why did I giggle? I never giggled. 

"Are you nervous," he asked.

"A little actually," I had to admit. Although, I wasn't sure what I was nervous about. I couldn't quite pinpoint it. 

"You'll be okay just stick by my side and sit in the stands when I'm not around," he assured me.

We started to talk about random things. Mostly about school and our ceramics class. Of course, he was better at it than I was, but I had no talent so I wasn't surprised. He was good at anything.