III

Guys, bare with me. This is my first time venturing into these shores. So just hang on. Please😢.

Song: Mercy (Acoustic) by Shawn Mendes

****

Austin's POV

I waved goodbye to Jamie as I made my way back to my apartment. Jamie sped off. I smiled walking up to my apartment door. Unlocking the door, I stepped inside and threw down my bag and and keys making sure to lock the door behind me. I smiled to myself. Today was the first day that I could come home and not worry about a drunk brother or a prostitute sister. I didn't even have to worry about an absentee father. Honestly, it felt good.

I kicked off my shoes and walked towards my bed. I sighed. Now all I needed to worry about was getting my things and keeping myself on my feet. My job gave me enough to pay the bills and my savings could cover rent. As for food, I could probably do people's homework and let them pay me. I sighed heavily once more. Deciding that I probably should stop thinking, I grabbed my duffle bag and ravaged through to find an oversized shirt and my underwear. What? I liked big things. Don't judge.

I stepped into the shower and quickly rinsed my body making sure to be careful with the bruises and cuts that formed in my back. I winced slightly when the water but my back. I stepped out, draping the towel around my waist. I walked to my room and sat on my bed in front of the closet mirror. I carefully applied the cream that I bought to the cuts. The ones I could not reach, I had to take a cloth and rubbed it on it. I sighed. Quickly, I dragged on the shirt and my underwear. I brushed my hair and fell on my bed.

I couldn't afford to miss classes again tomorrow, well technically today. But I had to unpack. And I had work tomorrow. My schedule was more hectic now that I changed my work dates to everyday. That way I could earn more. At least when I start college, I could work longer hours. Which meant more pay. I sighed and rolled over on my bed. I didn't think living in my own would be this hard. But it was worth it. Deciding it was best to stop thinking, I placed my phone on the nightstand after setting my alarm. I crawled to the top of my bed before resting my head. I just needed sleep right now. I sighed. Stop worrying Austin. Everything will fall into place.

I smiled a little. Yes it will.

****

I groaned lazily and rolled out of bed, trying my best not to throw my phone in the wall. I dug through my duffle bag and picked out a shirt and my black jeans. I frowned slightly. I should probably get more clothes. Or how about sort out the damn place and closet! Sounds good? I scowl at the obnoxious voice that was talking to me. Hurriedly, I showered and got ready. I slicked my hair back before grabbing my bag with my books and my keys. I walked out and locked the door behind me. I placed my keys in my secret compartment that I made and some money. I walked down the stairs.

A tall brunette guy with dark brown eyes was standing at the exit. I immediately recognized him as the guy that was asking for Tavoy. I shook my head. Probably still waiting for Mr. Tavoy. I walked past him looking down. Or at least I tried to walk past. His voice called out to me. I stopped and turned around to face him.

"I'm running late so please speak quickly." I said not looking at him.

"How about I just drop you off to where your going?" He asked smiling. I would be lying if I said he wasn't attractive. His jawline was defined and he had a rough stubble. His dark brown eyes were alluring and his hair was just the right kind of bed head. His medium built towered over my height. I would probably put him at 6'0.

"I d-don't know y-you." I said. I didn't usually stutter but sometimes my words will come out all jumbled and I begin to stutter. I felt the red rise to my cheeks.