XV

I walked down the dirty alley cringing in disgust. Everything screamed at me to turn back. I was going to blow my cover. But I couldn't. I had to see them. I pulled my hoodie over my black hair. I dyed my hair just as a precaution and wore hazel contacts. Meeting the twins was charging into dangerous territory and I couldn't afford to get caught. I was risking it all.

I rubbed my hands together to create some heat in this cold season. We were in summer yet, the nights were chilly. Two boys came towards me. I smirked deciding to play a little trick. I haven't seen them in ages and I knew they would not recognize me. I beckoned them towards me.

"Hey handsome. What's it gonna take for you to take us home tonight?" Michael slurred trying to be seductive. I bit my lip as to not laugh.

"How much?" I said my voice coming off a bit sketchier than I would have liked.

"$750 for the night." I pulled out money to cover them both.

"I'll take you both." I said handing Marcus the money. He looked at his twin before nodding. I smirked. You shouldn't always be so trusting with strangers. But this was their job. I walked back down the alley, the two boys hot on my heel. I opened the car door and signalled for them to get in. They did as told. Jamie had lent me his car for the weekend which I was grateful for.

When the doors closed, I drove down the road. I drove to the country area and parked. I signalled for them to exit and they did. We walked into a small motel. I collected the room key and entered the room. The boys behind me. When they walked in, I flipped the lights on and took off my hoodie. I ruffled my hair before looking and smiling at them.

"You guys shouldn't be so trusting. Didn't I ever tell you that?" I said chuckling. Their heads snapped towards me as it dawned upon them who I was. Michael threw himself in my arms almost making me lose my balance. I chuckled and ruffled his hair. Michael was 5'8 while Marcus was 6'0. It was easy to tell the difference.

"What are you doing here?" He asked wiping his tears.

"I should be asking you guys that. You guys are supposed to be two states over. What are you guys doing here?"

"Dino almost got busted because of your stunt. We went underground before relocating here." Marcus said. I sighed.

"I told you guys I would get you out. I'm doing that now," I said taking out a bag from under the motel bed. I handed Marcus the bag, "those are your passports and visas. I have a aunt in Mexico. She will take care of everything you need. That's money to get you food and other essentials until she located you. Don't worry she will. There is a phone in there with one number. You do not answer any other number but that one. I'll call you when it's safe to come out. There are hair dyes and contacts. Be careful and keep your heads down. I'll call you every 2 days." I said going through the contents.

"Wow. Slow down. We can't just leave. Dino will know something is up." Marcus said. Michael was not starring at us confused. You could easily tell that Michael was our crybaby and Marcus was the stronger one.

"No he won't. I have everything covered," a car beeped, "she's here. You guys need to get going." I said moving around.

I had gotten Hazel to drive them to the closet hotel near an airport. I was gonna keep my promise. I had to get them out. Gloria had a sister still in Mexico who agreed to look after the boys for me. At least until I was sure Dino has behind bars or even dead.

"Hazel is gonna drop you guys off at the hotel near the airport. Your flight leaves tomorrow at 3p.m. Be ready by then. Hazel will be there to get you guys through customs." I said. I stopped and looked at them. I hugged Michael and Marcus.

"What about you?" Michael sniffled.

"I've been doing okay for 2 years now. I'll be fine. Promise." I said. He nodded.

"Thank you. For keeping your promise." I nodded not trusting my voice to speak. The car beeped again. I pushed them off slightly, "You guys need to get going. I'll call you in two days." I said.

They nodded and headed out the door. I waved them goodbye then checked to make sure no one was watching us. With no eyes on us, their car sped off. I smiled knowing that I was able to keep my promise. I sighed and turned back around. I dozed the room with gasoline making sure to place two crispy bodies that I had gotten from a friend in position. I sent the message to his number. I walked out and light the match allowing it to fall. I walked to my car. I removed my hazel contacts and sped off down the road.

The plan was simple. My friend, Dr. Alas, would be the doctor to the "autopsy". He would proclaim the bodies as those of Michael and Marcus. I had two of my friends in the police force being the ones that worked this case. These friends I had made when I escaped from Dino. They were on a stake out to get information. But no one had hard proof of anything. I sighed as the car sped down the road. The only part of this plan that would probably fail, is if Dino doesn't believes the news. I was praying he took the bait.

A simple tragedy. Blue Town's arsonist strikes again. I put in my location in the GPS and took down the unfamiliar streets. I parked Jamie's car in the driveway and walked up to the door. I sighed and knocked. Seconds later the door opened to reveal Cole. He smiled then frowned when he looked at my face.

"Hey. What's wrong?" He asked. My knees buckled and Cole caught on to me before I made contact with the floor. I was weak from all the physical activity and my lack of sleep.

"Can I stay here tonight please?" I asked. Cole lifted me bridal style walking into a room. I snuggled into him trying to inhale his scent but the smell of gasoline that lingered on my shirt overpowered my nostrils. Cole laid me on the bed and I reached and tugged off my shirt. He got up and my hands caught onto him.

"Stay? Please?" I pleaded as my eyes glossed over. I didn't even know why I was crying. I just felt weak and vulnerable. And I hated it. Cole nodded and took off his shirt and climbed into bed next to me. I turned to face him. My head resting on his chest.

Cole's fingers played in my hair. The soothing sensation almost putting me to sleep. But I didn't want to sleep. Not yet. My ears listened to his rhythmic heartbeat.

Thump...thump...thump...

My fingers traced mindlessly against his skin. The beating of his heart sped up.

Thump Thump Thump Thump

I smiled. My eyes closed slowly as I feel asleep listening to the rhythm of Cole's heartbeat. If only.....

***

Hi boys and girl, ladies and gentlemen. *tips hat*

So we just saw a somewhat vulnerable Austin. I think it's kinda cute. Don't you?

And what do we think of Cole's caring attitude? Do you see sparks? I see sparks. Let's hope they see the sparks.

Anyways I hope you guys are having a good day or even a good week.

Remember

Vote
Comment
And Share

MsComplex💋