XXIII

My head was pounding. I groaned getting up out of bed and winced at the blinding light.

"Head killing ya'?" A voice said. I winced at how loud the voice was. Truly, they weren't being loud but right now, everything was extremely loud. Hazel handed me two pills and a glass of water which I gladly took. My headache gradually decreased. I sighed in relief.

"What would I do without you?" I asked smiling. She frowned.

"Probably die. What the heck were you thinking about drinking that much?" She yelled making me wince. My head was still killing me for God's sake.

"Damn woman. I'm sorry. What are you even doing here?" I asked rubbing my head.

"I slept here last night to make sure you were okay. You were so upset and drunk that you got jealous over Paris and Cole." She said sitting by the bed. I sighed.

"I remember everything. I'm not jealous over them. Well I am but that's not all." I sighed, "I don't know Hazel. You know my life. You know me. The real me. I want to try and be with him. But Dino is still out there. He will never let me go. I've hacked his systems to throw him off balance but he keeps making his firewalls stronger. I-"

"The only thing you are doing right now, is creating excuses. You deserve a chance to be happy. And I get that you're afraid of happiness, afraid of love, but you don't get to deny Cole of happiness either. It's obvious he wants you. You're just too stubborn." Hazel scowled at me.

I sighed. She was right. I was afraid. Afraid of love? No but something more. I've had this battle so many times before. I've questioned if I should trust him. If I should give him the chance. And I said i would give him the chance. I would allow him to prove himself. So why was I being so adamant about not letting him in? Why did I want him to fail? I sighed. I gave him permission to take a chance. I said I would give him that one chance. I looked at the ceiling as Hazel left me to my thoughts.

I'm stained and impure. I am no saint. But he wants me. Shouldn't that be enough? So why did I feel like he deserved more? He deserved better? Probably because he did. I decided I was gonna stop this battle. I gave him the opportunity to pursue me. I wasn't sure how to feel. Believing in someone was never my strong suit. I sighed once more. Against my survival instincts, I will stop running and face my fears.

"I hope you prove me wrong Cole. I really do." I whispered.

I dragged my body to the showers and quickly had one. I changed into a black shorts and a floral button up shirt. Hazel rushed into the room.

"Well at least your dressed. We're having a group meet up at the Little Village Cafe and you're coming."

"No I'm not. I'm going to visit Dane." I said putting on my shoes.

"Come on. We barely go out anymore. You can visit Dane afterwards. I promise." She pleaded. I sighed.

"Fine. I'll visit him tomorrow then." I said.

I looked at the time. It was fairly early. Just after 10am. I grabbed my essentials and waited for Hazel to get dressed. She always had a spare set of clothes in my house. I really couldn't tell you why. I had work at 8pm today. And since today was Friday, I was working a double shift to cover my college expenses. Luckily I didn't have classes on Friday since my professor was a lazy bum. Hazel came out and we both headed off.

We walked inside and immediately my eyes landed on the sliver gray eyed boy. I rolled my eyes as Paris was holding on to me. This girl really ticked me off. I sat down opposite them ignoring Cole's attempt to get me to sit beside him. Was he so oblivious to her liking him? I rolled my eyes again.