XXXII

Song: I Know You (From Fifty Shades Darker) by Skylar Grey

(My advice is to have this song on repeat until the chapter is finished. Helps create the mood)

******

The room was dead silent. And not a comforting silence but rather a tense silence. A silence I really did not enjoy at all. Cole sat down on the couch. I nervously made us a cup of tea. I took the waiter and brought all the appliances to the living room and set them down before handing Cole his cup. I sat down nervously. We both sipped out tea like we were in some British movie or something.

"Aust- Hayden," he began, "can you just tell me what the heck is going on?"

"Its a long story. I hope your patient with me while I explain." I said looking at him. He nodded silently. I sighed as I began to explain, my mind drifted to that god awful night.

The night air picked at my skin. I exhaled the cigarette smoke that was gathered in my lungs. 2 years, almost 3 after my mother's death and I was still feeling emptier than ever. I tried to take my mind off my family. In less than an hour, I had to go home. And that, I was dreading. My father had barely spend time with me and my brother, I shuddered.

"You feel like going for a ride?" Charlie, my best friend asked. Charlie was a year older than me and a major druggie. I didn't mind though.

"Sure man. I'm all out of cigarettes anyways." I said going against my better judgment. It was late and I needed to be home before Jordan saw that I wasn't. Charlie got on his bike and I hopped on after clutching him like my life depended on it. We turned the corner and pulled up at the convenience store. We both got off and while I waited at the alley, Charlie went inside to grab a box of cigarettes for me and whatever the fuck he wanted.

I lit the last cigarette I had before leaning against the alley wall. I pulled my jacket closer to my small frame. Two guys approached me.

"Are you Hayden Ryder?" The buff guy asked. He was covered in tattoos and wore a black jacket and a beanie to cover his head. He was about 6 feet, relatively taller than me.

"Depends on who's asking." I said assessing them.

"You need to come with us." The other buff guy says. This one was shorter than the first but still taller than me. He had a clean cut with brown eyes. His body was buff and wore the same suit as the other guy. A bad feeling was starting to set in my stomach.

"Sorry man but I'm not going nowhere." I said placing back the cigar in my mouth. Number 2 took my cigarette and crushed it. I raised my eyebrow at him.

"We won't ask again." He said. I raised my eyebrow. Charlie had stepped out of the store and walked over to us.

"Great. You guys made it. Am I clear?" He asked handing them a paper bag. I looked at Charlie with confusion.

"You know these fools?" I said.

"You're clear." Buff guy number 1 said after checking the contents of the paper bag and nodding, completely ignoring me.