VIII

Oh shit!
Hi guys. How you've been? Well I'm doing good after just finish binge watching an anime. Rewatched it for like the fourth time and I still managed to cry. I'm such a baby. Anyways. Let us continue.

Austin and Cole kissing in a tree...k-i-s-s-i-n-g!

*****

I turned around to face the person who called me. I sighed. Cole stood next to me almost protectivly. I rested my hand on his signalling to him that it was okay. He looked at me unsure which only caused me to smile reassuringly. He sighed and moved away slightly.

"Hello Kaiden." I said to the guy that stood before me. He stood at a height of 5'8 with locks that fell to the front of his face and the others pulled back into a sleek ponytail. His face held the look of a murderer and his brown eyes held no life. Kaiden gripped his sweater tightly.

"I haven't seen you in ages and now you just go "hello Kaiden"? The hell man?" He fummed. His thick Jamaican accent coming out. I sighed. I couldn't handle this now.

"Well maybe if you took my advice and left, that would never have happened." I backfired. Kaiden walked up to me letting a sound through the grips of his clamped teeth.

"I wish you had burned in that fire. If I were you, I would watch my back. Dino still on the hunt for you." He said before walking away. I sighed. I knew this day would come sooner or later. I was just hoping it was later. I turned towards Cole who had his eyes narrowed at me. I smiled at him.

"Will you tell me what all that was about?" He asked. I searched his eyes for any sign as to what he was thinking.

"Another time. Let's just do the shopping right now. Please?" I said to him taking his hand and leading him inside. Cole watched me cautiously before sighing and following after me. I took the trolley and let him push it as I picked up the items.

"Watch out!" Cole yelled as he came barreling down the aisle with the trolley. I yelled and stepped out his way as he laughed like a maniac. I couldn't help but laugh as well. He strolled the trolley towards me. "Come on! Get in!" He said. I shook my head.

"No way." I said. Cole smirked and started pleading. A few minutes later and we were both barreling down the aisle, Cole pushing the trolley that I sat in laughing like a psychopath. Several minutes later we had cashed out and was heading back to the house. The both of us laughing like crazy. I opened the door to my apartment and we walked in. I made sure to lock it behind me. Cole placed the groceries on the counter as I took off my shoes and started to help him unpack.

Cole was dressed in a black t-shirt that hugged his body and a dark blue jeans that hugged his body. In truth, he was sexy. I bit my lip as my eyes continued to rake over his body. His jet black hair was neatly combed. Damn, I would love to run my fingers through them now. And the maybe tug at it a bit and mess it up- I shook my head. No! Bad thoughts. His sliver-gray eyes focused intently on what he was doing. His teeth catching a small part of his lip in total concentration.

I walked out the kitchen and went to my bedroom. I lay on my bed starring at the ceiling above me. I sighed. I had tried to forget about that section of my past but I never could. Life wouldn't allow me to. I never asked for this life. In fact, I wanted a normal life, not this one. And yet, no matter how much I begged for a change, life decided I wasn't worthy. So instead, I was constantly in hiding, constantly on the run and always looking over my shoulder. Never had a moment's peace. Cole came to my room and handed me a beer. I smiled and got up taking it from him. We drank in silence. That was until I ruined it.

"I'm sorry about today." I said.

"Mhm? What about it?" I sighed as I turned to face him.

"My life is dangerous Cole. And Kaiden is no exception. He will hurt you." I said seriously to him.

"Let him. Your too intriguing to just walk away from you." He said looking straight at me. His eyes were cloudy. Just like rain cloud that came when I storm was near.

"I'm not worth it. Trust me. Your only going to get hurt." I said shaking my head. He shrugged.

"Pain is apart of life. I'm order to survive, everyone faces some pain. If getting to know you will only lead to me being in pain, then I'll risk it." He said so nonchalant. I shook my head. I was just a simple person with a complicated life. Another helpless soul. So why risk your safety to know me? I shook my head.

"You only want to know me cause it's not everyday you meet a gay guy with blond hair and green eyes. That's what intrigues you. My looks." I said gulping my drink.

"It's not everyday you see a gay guy who's willing to have sex with a stranger and work in a bar but he's afraid of a massive crowd and fumble over his words when he gets his thoughts jumbled. It's not everyday you meet a person who knows exactly which brand gives you a specific taste. And it's not everyday you find a guy that's been abuse that the only thing he can do is try and blend it. It wasn't your looks that intrigued me. It was you." He said as I starred at him wide eyed. He got all of that, just by us hanging out for a couple minutes? I rolled my eyes and turned away from him. This was no ordinary guy. I shook my head.

"Yea well it doesn't change the fact that you're gonna get hurt." I said finishing my beer.

Life was cruel. It chose who would have it easy and who would have it hard. And people who had it easy always complained that they had it hard. But how would they know? Many people would kill to be in their position and those who had it even worst would kill for the bad person's position and so on and so on. But I always thought, if I was in another position, would I be the same person? Probably not. Circumstances change people. Would I want to change me? This cruel world has made me who I am. Life was bitter-sweet.

And I got the bitter end. I was okay with that. But I was not okay with the people that got hurt in the process. And a lot of people got hurt already. I winced. I had to keep my friends out of this. Hazel, Jamie, Samuel, Cole. I couldn't let them get hurt. I sighed. This was why I hated getting close to people. Cause all I ever did was put them in danger.

Minutes flew past until it turned to hours and the sky had become dim. Cole sat beside me just starring outside with me as there was a window in my bedroom. Cole turned to face me and cupped my cheek. I leaned into his touch. His touch was light and I felt at peace. Maybe that was the effect he had. Maybe it was me letting my guard down. But right now, I didn't care.

"You've been hurt countless times. Haven't you?" He said and wiped the tears that had fallen from my eyes. I hadn't even realised that I was crying. I smiled at him.

"Like you said, pain is apart of life." I said as I wiped my eyes and starred outside once again well aware that he was watching me.

"Won't you allow me take away some of that pain? I know we just met but I'm a good listener." He said gripping my chin to face him. I smiled and kissed his cheek. He stiffened a bit as I sat back soundly on the bed.

"This pain that I hold onto, you can't feel it. You shouldn't feel it. And I'll be damned if I ever allow you to." I said looking out at the night stars. I grabbed Cole's hands and place it on my chest. My heart beated rapidly.

"Your eyes are the clearest green I've ever seen." He said to me looking right into my eyes. I blushed slightly.

"And yours are cloudy. Like storms."

Like the eye of the hurricane.