XXX

Cole's POV

I looked at the sleeping boy beside me. His golden hair was sprawled all around him. It looked like he hadn't cut it in weeks or months but it suited him. I found that it complimented his feminine features while highlighting the masculine ones. His pale complexion reflecting the sunlight. His cheeks were slightly red and his plump pink lips were slightly parted. He slept soundly. I smiled. The sheets were loosely covering his small frame. I could see the bruises my hands made on his hips and well, all over his body. I untangled our legs and covered his entire body with the sheets. I smiled and quickly went to shower. If I didn't have to get to work for the early shift, I would have stayed with him.

After showering, I changed into a blue jeans pants and a black shirt. I worked at a coffee shop. I worked in order to help pay for my tuition and anything else necessary. It wasn't anything bad but it's not what I wanted to do with my life. I wanted to be a lawyer or an artist. I dragged on my shoes and sprayed some cologne. I wrote a note quickly for Austin so he would know I left early. I placed the note on the dresser so he would see it and kissed his forehead. I left home.

I was glad. Being with Austin made me happy and glad. But I knew there was something bothering him. I don't know a lot about relationships but with him, it was different. I wanted to love him, protect him, care for him. But would he allow me? I sighed. It's easy to know when things are bothering a person but somehow, I felt as if this secret he was keeping would ruin him. I felt as of he was scared or he was protecting me. Even though it nagged me, I tried not to let it bother me around him. I wanted him to tell me at his own pace.

The streets were lonely and I guess I must have zoned out. I decided I should walk to collect my thoughts today. A van pulled up next to me and I stepped over more into the sidewalk as reflex but this van had other intentions. Two men clad in black ski masks grabbed me an placed a rag over my nose. I fought and fought but soon gave into the will of the darkness.

Fuck

-------

I woke up with a pounding headache. It made me groan in agony. I looked around the unfamiliar room. The walls were grey and loosing its colour. The windows had woods to barricade it. Where the fuck was I? I scowled mentally. If I had paid more attention to my surroundings I wouldn't be in this mess. My legs and arms were bounded to a chair. Typical.

The room was silent leaving me to my thoughts. I sighed heavily. Mom would be worried sick about me. Catherine wouldn't stop crying if she heard I was missing and Christoph would try to put a brave face on but always fail. I was my family's support. Especially after Cayden died. My father, I sighed. My father was in a mental institution after Cayden's death. That hit my family hard. I hadn't spoken to him since Cayden's funeral.

My mind wondered to Austin. I wondered what he was doing right now. His exams were finished. So maybe he went to class? Fuck, I didn't even know what time it was. The door creaked open which gained my attention. I glared at the stranger that entered. He was about 6'0. His hair was short and was light brown. His eyes were amber. If you looked closely, it would have looked like the sun when it sets. His face was pulled into a scowl.His body packed alot of muscle. He was dressed in a business suit but something screamed that he was not in any legal business. He dragged a chair and sat before me removing his jacket. Then he proceeded to rolling up the sleeves of his white shirt. His blue tie was pulled from his collar.

"Listen carefully cause I will only speak once." He said deeply. My face pulled into a scowl. He wasn't bad looking and if it wasn't for the fact that I was in danger and had a boyfriend, I would consider flirting with him. "My name is Dino Adhon. You are in my custody until I get what is rightfully mine."

"I don't have anything for you." I spat. He chuckled.

"On the contrary, you do. Maybe not something but someone." He said.

"Who's that?" I asked narrowing my eyes at him. What the hell gave him the right to own a person?

"Glaring is not cute." He said before standing and walking to me. His hands gripped my chin forcing me to look at him, "if you weren't so defiant, I would gladly take you." He said cryptically.

"Fuck you." I spat. I didn't know what he meant but I knew it wasn't anything good. His first made contact with my cheek.

"Stubborn little prick. I don't know what he sees in you." He said. My blood ran cold. He was talking about Austin. His minions came and grabbed the chair before bringing me outside. I could see miles and miles of forest. I was in the middle of a warehouse. An abandoned one at that.Who was this guy?

"We will have to wait on our company to arrive. Shouldn't be long." He said.

"Who the fuck are you waiting for?" I asked angrily.

Deep down, I already knew the answer but I wanted it to be wrong. I needed it to be wrong. The familiar red vehicle turned the car and all the colour from my face drained. Austin stepped out of the vehicle in a black jeans and a black tshirt. His hair was slicked back into a short ponytail and dark sunglasses covered his face. The sky was dark. Night had approached. I must have been here for quite some time.

"We were waiting for him." Dino said admirming Austin like he was a piece of meat. His men made no move and I was thankful for that. They all held guns. Austin stopped some distance and removed his glasses giving us a view of his tired eyes. How long was I here for?

"Let him go Dino. This is just between us." Austin said.

"But where's the fun in that?" Dino said feigning his hurt.

"Either he walks or I walk." Austin said. He sounded so calm as if he was used to negotiations like this. A gun cocked at my head.

"Indulge me for a bit."

*****

This is all a bit too much for my poor heart.

Remember

Vote
Comment
Share!

Love,
MsComplex💋