IV

Please check out my other book. Sold! It's not boyxboy but I think you guys will like it. Anyways....continue.

I would advise listening to this song before starting. I feel like I'm gonna cry. Don't forget to leave a comment. Oh, and just a little something as well. A poem that I wrote a while back. I thought it was fitting for this chapter.

***
Love is just a word

Those three words I heard
That four letter word stood out
I never understood what it was
Until I was told that it's just a word

But to me that word meant everything
It gave me life
To hear that one word meant I was special
That was until you said it to another

My heart broke when I heard it
And I knew then
And I know now
That love is simply just a four letter word

~MsComplex💋

***

Austin's POV

I bit nervously on the inside of my cheek. The classes seeming to go by slowly. How was I gonna talk to Jason? I sighed and packed my bag as my final class before lunch ended. I stuffed my bag and headed out, walking towards my locker before going to the canteen where I knew Hazel would be waiting for me. I exchanged my books and closed my locker. I sighed deeply. I still had to come up with money for next month's rent and bills. How I was going to do it? I had no clue. I walked down the halls and entered the canteen. I walked over to Hazel brushing off the comments that were being made. I sat before her, seeing as she had ordered lunch for us already. I smiled.

"You look like you've been through hell and back." She said as she handed me my food.

"Would you believe me if I said I have?" I laughed a bit.

"Talk to me boo. I'm listening." She said rubbing my hands. I smiled at her.

"I don't even know where to begin Haz. So much happened in such a short space of time." I said.

"We will start from beginning." She said softly and I nodded chocking back the tears that threatened to spill.

"I found Jason kissing Dexter. Seems like I just keep putting myself up for hurt around him. And it's always the same cycle. I'm just tired of it Haz. I really am," I said massaging my temples as so I don't cry, "I moved from home. And that's good right? I mean, I suffered years of abuse so leaving is good. But I barely have money to keep myself going. I mean, I have the money mom left me, that should last me for 3 months or even more. But I wanted to save that for college at least. But by the looks of it, I won't even be able to go to college. I took more days at work so I'm getting paid more. But that's only enough to cover rent and probably food. I don't know what I'm gonna do Haz."

Hazel took my hand and massages it. I wanted to break down. I sighed before continuing.

"And then you have Samuel. He's nice and I think he genuinely likes me. He basically asked to go out with him and I refused because guess what, the dumbfuck I have as a boyfriend, is fucking with my head." I explained breathing heavily.

"Hey!" She said as I lifted my face, tears streaming down my face, "I'll help you out. Okay? I'll ask my mom to take care of your bills. Just worry about rent and food. Anything else you need, I'll get it."