XX

My head spun. My eyes were blurry still adjusting to the incoming light. My phone blared. I groaned answering it. It was really too early for calls.

"Morning sleeping beauty." A voice sung. I groaned mumbling.

"Too early."

"On the contrary, it's almost midday. Time to get up love." He said. I sighed and placed my feet firmly in my bunny slippers. I looked around. My laptop was rested on the nightstand with my reading glasses resting upon it. I must have passed out from doing too much work. I chuckled lightly.

"Well I'm up now. What's up?" I asked.

"Well, I was thinking. Maybe I should treat you to lunch or dinner. Any is fine. How does that sound?" I smiled.

"I would like that. Dinner is better. I have a friend to meet for lunch. So I'll see you later?"

"Definitely." He said.

We said our goodbyes and hung up. I should probably get ready for the new day. I stretched my arms. Time to get up. I headed to the bathroom and bathed myself. I decided to go with something casual and stylish. Denim jeans and a button up blue shirt. I wore my blue sneakers as well. I combed my hair. An image of Cole flashed through my mind making me smile. I grabbed my essentials after cleaning up properly. I walked through the door and locked it shut.

My charming prince was waiting for me. I chuckled. I hailed a cab and it took off. It pulled up to a large mansion. I smiled and walked up to the gates. The automatically opened. I see. So he was expecting me. I chuckled to myself. I walked through the large doors. I smiled and looked around. All of a sudden, the air fled my lungs. I gripped the waist of the boy that held on to me.

"Wow there!" I said chuckling.

"Master Dane! You can't be running around like that!" A voice yelled.

I chuckled and ruffled the sports hair before kneeling to face him.

"You should listen to Mr. Izumi more often." I said. His face squinted in excitement.

Dane is a special child. He can't speak. But his hearing is fine. It's impeccable actually. Dane is able to hear sounds miles away and can tell if a storm will pass. As for why he can't speak, he watched his parents get murdered before him. Now, he doesn't speak a word to anyone. And it's hard for him to warm up to anyone. I was surprised he took a liking to me. Izumi, Dane's overseer, has always been next to him. He worries alot.

"Thank God it's you! I was so worried about him. Worst he won't eat." Izumi said. I chuckled and left Dane up heading to the kitchen.

I placed Dane on a high stool and found some fruits for him. His eyes lit up at the sight of the bananas and grapes. I chuckled. They were his favorite. I cut them and made him a fruit salad and handed it to him. He gladly took it and ate. Izumi face looked grim.

"How do you do that?" He asked.

"It's in his eyes. It's not hard to know what he wants it you follow the movements of his eyes. And I told you. If you don't memorize his favourite foods, then most of what you give him, he won't eat." I said chuckling.

"But there are so many!"

"Suck it up. Is Davis home?" I asked watching Dane perk up at the mention of his brother. I smiled.

"Yea, he's upstairs in his study. Should I let him know your here?" Izumi asked. I chuckled.

"No need." I walked past and ruffled Dane's hair. He smiled brightly. I headed up the long flight of stairs.