XXXV

Song: Good Life by Kehlani & G-Eazy

*******

6 years later

I hushed the baby that was in my arms trying to get him to stop crying. Slowly his screams and cries stilled and he sucked his thumb. I smiled gentle at my precious baby boy. He was only 4 months old. The front door opened followed by a voice.

"I'm home!" The voice yelled. I smiled and went to greet my husband but was beaten by my two year old daughter Desire.

"Dadddyyy!!!!" She yelled. Her father scooped her up in his arms groaning a bit.

"How's my favourite princess?" He said bopping her nose. She giggled.

"She is your only princess." I said smiling at them. He looked up at me and kissed my lips briefly placing Desire down.

"Why don't you go play? I'll be there shortly." He said. She nodded and made her way down the halls. I chuckled. Daniel stirred in my arms and I adjusted him. His father took him from me finally giving my arms a break. I smiled and heated his milk and then made sure it was the right temperature before handing it to his father who gladly feed him.

Soon Daniel fell asleep and my husband placed him in his crib to rest. He turned towards me and loosened his tie. His arms wrapped around my waist before he kissed me deeply. I moaned softly loving his lips against mine. It was something I could never get used to. I pulled away to look into those familiar sliver grey eyes that looked like storms and rain clouds. Cole smiled at me. Even at the age of 30, he still looked as charming as ever.

"And how was your day?" He said kissing my head.

"It was okay. But it's better now that I know you're home. Safe and sound." I said.

Call it whatever you like but whenever Cole left the house, I would always worry about him until he was home. Cole and I were still going strong in our relationship. He proposed a year after we started dating and in my third year of college, we were married. His mom helped us pick a house and settled here. That's when we decided to adopt little Desire. Desire's parents died when their house burnt down and she was left with no one. She was only a couple months old and she took a liking to Cole so we decided to take her home. I was only 23 at the time, so you can imagine how terrified I was. But Cole was here with me and together we both raised Desire.

A year after adopting Desire, Cole said he wanted to try getting another kid. So we got Daniel. And now, we were both happy. I wanted to work but Cole said he didnt want me to. We ended up arguing about it but came to the compromise that after Daniel was a bit older, we could get a nanny and I could work. It made sense as his career as an art consultant made more than enough money to support us. I smiled at Cole who released me when our little girl came running through the halls. He smiled at her and took her to the playroom to play with her. I smiled and headed to the kitchen to start dinner. I prepared all the dishes and placed the chicken in the oven. The door bell rang. I placed my mittens on the counter and undid my apron.

"Coming!" I yelled as I washed my hands and walked to the door. I swung the door open to reveal Michael and Marcus. I smiled as they both kissed my cheek.

"Where is my devil of a niece?" Marcus asked. I chuckled remembering how Desire basically got anything she wanted with those big brown eyes of hers.