XXV

Song: Hurts So Good by Astrid S

******

After a night with Cole and his family, I decided to invite the whole group out to the bar. Although it was a gay bar, there was a small area where coworkers could chill out. I asked my boss which said I could have them there until my shift ends. Remember how I said I was gonna tell Cole the truth? Yea, I was gonna do it tonight. I quickly dressed myself. I was dressed in a white button up shirt and a black jeans pants. I grabbed my essentials and locked my door.

I hopped in my car and drove down the familiar road. I pulled up at the house and beeped loudly. Hazel came running out. She was dressed in a black fitted dress with a sweetheart neckline. The dress hugged her curves in all the right ways. Her ginger red hair was pulled into a high ponytail with a few strands before her face. Her eyes had a smokey edge. Her plump lips was covered in a dark red lipstick. I smiled at my twin. I'm pretty sure all the gay guys would turn straight at the sight of her. I chuckled. It was not uncommon for bisexual males to be at the club. So I have no doubt that some would be approaching her. Hazel kissed Gloria goodbye and clutched her black purse tighter as she walked towards my car.

"Sorry about that." She said giggling.

"Its no problem. Jamie and Cole will find their way there. I invited Samuel but he's caught up with work. So just us four tonight." I said. Hazel hummed.

"Tonight seems like its gonna be fun!" She yelled. I chuckled. We drove swiftly to the bar. I parked before exiting. I saw Jamie and Cole by the back entrance as well as Paris the snake. I felt all the colour drained from my face. Just fucking great. Jamie walked up to meet us.

"Uggh! I'm freezing. Can we go in please??? I need me a man." Jamie said. I chuckled. I brushed passed Cole and Paris. He shot me a guilty look. I rolled my eyes.

You shouldn't look guilty. You invited her.

"Let me guess. Cole invited Medusa with the pink hair?" Hazel said. Cole sighed.

"I really wish you guys would get along. She's a friend of mine." Cole said.

Hazel and I scoffed at the same time seeing to get the same idea. We entered the crowded building. It was Saturday night so we were packed. I quickly ushered the group to the employees lounge. Hazel was quickly surrounded by guys as I went to work. Eddie saw me.

"You look like you have been through hell and back." He said.

"You have no idea." I replied. Eddie chuckled.

"Let's just get through tonight."

I nodded and soon we were mixing drinks and dealing with our customers. A tall guy medium built had caught my attention. Not because he was good looking but because he was staring at me. And I didn't like it. I walked up to him.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Um, sorry for staring. I would like whiskey with water. Not ice."

I made his drink and gave him.

"No apologies needed."

"I'm Ethan."

"Austin."

He smiled sheepishly. Now that I looked at him, he was kinda good looking. His dark brown hair was a big mess. He had soft brown eyes and dimples. His shoulder slouched slightly. And his shoulders were covered in tattoos. He didn't look as masculine as Cole. I cursed myself for thinking about him after he invited her here.

"I don't mind if you keep my company tonight." He asked shyly. I smiled.

"I'm sorry but I can't." I said. He frowned.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" He asked.

I stared for a moment. Cole and I weren't officially together but we were together? I sighed loudly clearly frustrated.

"It's complicated." I said. He nodded.

"I get it."

"But I do have a single friend. You see that boy over there with strawberry blond hair? You can go talk to him and see if you guys hit it off." I said. He smiled and nodded.

Guys like him were just looking for the right person. Somebody to chill with. Somebody to show them that they matter. I smiled and turned back to Eddie who had the rush under control. I told Ed I was gonna check on my friends and left. I walked over to see Ethan and Jamie hitting it off. Hazel was talking to a guy who eyed her every moment. I chuckled slightly. I looked around to find Cole but neither he or Paris was in sight. Probably went home early.

I went around the back to have a smoke before heading back to work. I needed to stop thinking for a bit. A flash of pink hair made me look in the opposite direction. Just for their lips to meet. I felt the familiar feeling of betrayal even though I shouldn't considering that we were not together. I walked back silently into the bar. I looked at my watch. It was after 12.  I walked to Hazel.

"I'm gonna leave now. Are you coming or will you get a ride?" I asked her. She looked at my face.

"What happened?" She asked. I sighed.

"I saw them kissing. I really need to go Haz." I said. She nodded understanding.

"I'll hitch a ride with Jamie or I'll call an uber." I nodded and clocked out telling Eddie I was leaving a bit early. I got in my car and hurried home.

Tears stung my eyes and I quickly wiped them away. I never learnt my lesson. When I decide to love someone, I give it my all. And everytime I would get my heart broken. I felt my walls climbing higher once again. I shouldn't even be crying. I was holding onto a bigger secret than he was. But it still hurt. So much.

I hurried inside my house and locked my doors. I threw off my shoes and climbed into bed curling myself into a ball. I cried silently. Images of the kiss constantly replaying in my mind. I thought he was gay. Did that change? I felt as if I had lost the battle to Paris. He knew her longer and saw her good side. I didn't. Paris didn't exist five years ago. Kinda makes you wonder what happened before then. She never stayed in the same place for too long. And I was really curious. To top it all, Paris had a sealed juvie record. But she wasn't Paris then. She was Fayimi (pronounced Fay-e-me) Thorn. I hated that we knew nothing about her after. It's like she completely disappeared. I sighed

Did he like her? Why did he have to invite her? Where did I stand? What were we?

Most importantly

Why did I feel like my entire world was crashing?

****

Sigh. I don't even know what to say. Let's hope they fix this. Well he fixes this. He meaning Cole. My poor baby.

I see some of you are shipping Ethan with Jamie. That's really cute. We will see though.

Remember

Vote
Comment
Share!!!

Love,
MsComplex💋