XXII

Song: Drunk In Love by Beyonce

*****

I groaned turning over on my bed. I was beyond tired. After my birthday party, I've had back to back shifts at the club and online classes. I had a few lectures on campus so I was currently running off adrenaline cause I hadn't gotten a good night's sleep in days. For us college kids, school started in August.

I got up and showered changing into a blue tshirt and my black skinny jeans that made my ass pop. I put on my sneakers and grabbed my wallet and essentials before leaving. I hurriedly got in my car and drove to Jamie's house. Jamie had this brilliant idea of throwing a party and I had to be there. Why? Because as his best friend, I had to play wing man. I shook my head. Stupidest thing he has ever said to me. I pulled up at his house and parked getting out of my car. I walked in slowly dreading every agreeing to come.

"Austin! You're here!" A voice yelled. I turned around to see Jamie walking towards me almost missing a step. I rolled my eyes. The bastard was already drunk. I turn up to this party 10 minutes late, and he's already wasted.

"Austy!!!!!" Another voice yelled. I cringed at the name but knew exactly who it was from. I glared at the red head in front of me. I flicked her forehead making her wince.

"Its Austin. Not Austy." I said lowly. She pouted.

"But I like Austy better." She said. I sighed. She was already tipsy.

"Fine. Just for tonight thou." I said.

I naturally had a weak spot for her. Her usually wild red hair was tamed and placed in a ponytail. She work a black mini dress with a gold necklace and gold earrings. And as usual, her black booties. Now even she was taller than me. I groaned. I needed a strong drink if I was gonna deal with horny and drunk kids.

I walked into the kitchen and internally groaned. Paris was there, latching on to Cole. She was dressed in a skimpy red dress that had most of her cleavage busting out of the tight dress. Cole on the other hand, was dressed in a navy blue shirt that clung to his muscles and a black jeans. Anytime he moved his arm, the shirt would tighten around his arm. I licked my lips before I felt the urge to puke. I hated the fact that she was clinging onto him. I walked passed him and grabbed a beer. I ignored as he called out my name.

I was aware that I was being unfair. And I know it's just my jealousy talking but I couldn't help it. I hated seeing them together and miss sketchy past was really upsetting me. I was suddenly snapped out of my thoughts when I hand grabbed me and turned me around. I glared at them.

"Hey. Are you ignoring me?" He asked. I sighed and kissed his cheek.

"No. I'm just a bit tired." I said looking down.

Cole took my hand and dragged me towards the back. He braced me against the wall and hugged me. I hugged him back. I wasn't really sure how to react.

"I miss you." He whispered. I nodded agreeing that I did too.

He pulled away and stared at me. He was about to ask something when I interrupted him.

"I need to get back to Hazel and Jamie. They are already drunk." He looked down before nodding and letting me go.

I already knew what he was going to ask. I wasn't sure if I was ready for that. I know I said I would give him a chance and I meant it but right now, could I take the chance? I quickly rushed to the kitchen and grabbed alcohol quickly drowning it. Minutes passed with me drinking.

"Wow there partner. What's with the heavy drinking?" I turned around to see Hazel.

"Weren't you drunk a couple minutes ago?" I asked kinda slurred.

"That was 4 hours ago. And I was tipsy but sobered up since I'm driving us home." She said. I nodded. I guess my timing was wrong when I said minutes passed. I giggled.

"Well Cole is getting cozy with Ms Bitchy and I'm jealous cause he's not cozy with me." I said pouting.

I was well aware of what I was saying but that's not what I should be saying. Fuck. How long was I drinking for? Was it 2 or 3 hours? Didn't Hazel say 4? I looked over to see a drunk Paris giggling at whatever the fuck Cole said. And he fucking smiled. He smiled at her. I frowned and looked back at Hazel who was also looking at them. I turned the bottle to my head once again and gulped down the burning liquid.

"Well fuck. You actually like him. Like you like like him." Hazel squealed making my ears ring.

"Thanks for stating the fucking obvious. I don't stand a chance anyways."

"Yes you do." She hissed.

"No I don't. I have my demons Hazel and I want to believe that if I get a few months with him, I'll be satisfied. But I won't. Fuck Hazel, I think I wanna stop running and be with him. I so fucking screwed." I said.

Hazel sighed.

"I say go for it. Let's get you home." She said.

I nodded and stumbled around until we made it to my car. I handed her my keys and she drove me home helping me to my room and in bed. I had the hiccups.

"What if I end up falling in love with him?" I hiccuped.

She didn't answer. She took off my shoes and helped me into bed. Her hands combed through my hair as she covered me with the sheets away from the chilly night. I closed my eyes sighing in content.

"I think you already have." She said.

Then the room is silent. The silence of the night greeted me like best friends. Soon I was drifting to sleep. A long lasting much needed sleep. I slowly drifted in dreamland, Cole's words constantly playing in my mind.

"I miss you."

If that's true, why were you with her and not me? Better yet, why was I jealous if we weren't together?

*****

My baby is finally figuring out his feelings for Cole. It's about damn time to be honest. But he has trust issues, so I understand and I get it. Trauma can age you more than time ever can. Trauma can also make you despise the human race and be very weary of people. He's slowly coming around. Patient with our baby guys.

Remember

Vote
Comment
Share!!!!!!

Love,
MsComplex💋