Chapter 15

After dropping his friends off at the gas station, Barry sped over to Iron Heights. He ran up to the guard at the door. The man smiled at Barry, recognizing him.

"Hi Barry," he said. Then kind of confused asked, "You know visiting hours are almost up, right?"

"I know I know." Barry said, slightly winded, "But I need to see my dad. Please."

The guard studied him for a minute, then said, "Fine. But try and be quick."

"Thanks Sam," Barry said, then ran inside. 

By the time he got to the last guard, he had tears in his eyes. 

"Whoa there Barry," he said. Then seeing the young man's face he said, "I'll go get your dad."

Barry went to his usual booth and waited impatiently. Then the guard led out Henry Allen. Henry sat down quickly, "Hey Slugger. What's the matter?"

Barry was crying now, "I had him dad. I had him." he sobbed.

"Had who?"

"The man in yellow. The man that killed mom." Barry covered his face with his hand. Henry gave his an awed look, quickly replaced by concern.

"What happened?" 

"He got away. Dad, he got away." Barry cried. "All this time you were in here because of him, but now you're in here because of me." Barry sobbed, unable to look into his father's eyes.

Henry had tears of his own now, "Barry, son, look at me." Barry reluctantly looked up. "This is not your fault. None of this is. And now you're one step closer than you were. I believe in you Barry." He placed his hand on the glass separating them. 

Barry did the same, "I'll catch him dad. I'm going to get you out of here. I promise."

"I know you will slugger."

"I love you dad." Barry whispered.

"I love you son."

---------------- LINE BREAK ----------------

Santana was tapping her foot at a pace the Flash would be proud of. Everyone was at Jitters. Everyone except Barry that is. It was Saturday, so the Warblers knew he didn't have work, and Santana was hoping Barry had one good excuse for why he was this late. Well good excuse for everyone else. She knew he had a very good reason, but it wasn't exactly one he could use with everyone else. 

Quinn rested her hand on Santana's bouncing leg, "Geez San." she said, "what's got you all wound up?"

"Hm? Oh. Nothing really. I'm just impatient. I want Seb to be here already." Santana said.

"His name is Barry now. Remember?" Quinn giggled.

"Yes, I know." Santana said, really not in a joking mood, but she put on a smile for show.

The door to Jitters opened and Barry walked in. He grabbed a coffee, and much to the surprise of the two glee groups, he sat at his own table, away from them. 

"What?" Nick said in protest. "He's neglecting us?"

"How dare he!" Jeff said. 

They got up to go antagonize Barry, but Thad grabbed them. "Uh uh."

They shot him confused looks, and sat back down. 

Mercedes saw Barry's hunched figure, "What's wrong with him?" she asked.

Santana was about to answer with some excuse, when Rachel got up and walked over to him.

Kurt and Santana shared and 'oh crap' look and quickly tried to follow her.