Chapter 19

Previously:  Singh froze, "Why would he want to kill you?"

Now Barry froze, "Did I say that?" he laughed nervously.

"Allen."

Barry couldn't figure out a way to get out of this, so he figured he may as well tell Singh. It would probably make his life easier anyway. Barry licked his lips and grinned nervously,

"I'm the Flash."

-----------------------

Singh stared at Barry. As soon as he said that, things started clicking into place. Why he was always so late. Why he seemed to know more about cases than he should. Why he spent so much time at STAR labs. 

Barry bit his lip when his boss wasn't saying anything. "Captain..."

Singh finally blinked and said, "How can you be late literally every single day when you have super speed?"

Barry smiled, "I think the super tardiness kind of cancels it out."

Singh laughed lightly. He looked at Barry, "Was it the lightning?" he asked.

Barry rubbed his neck, "Sort of. When the particle accelerator exploded, it released dark matter, and then I was struck by lightning. The combination of the two gave me super speed." 

Singh nodded, "And I assume the dark matter is what made all the other..."

"Meta-humans." Barry answered his unspoken question. Singh frowned. Barry smiled softly, "Just a term."

"Okay." Singh shook his head. He couldn't believe that his young CSI was the Flash. It was insane. 

Barry sighed, this was turning out to be a crazy reunion. Since the glee members reentered his life, he had to reveal his secret identity to five people. And, because of them, he now knew who his mother's killer was. Barry frowned. 

Singh watched Barry's expression change. "Barry, did you say Dr. Wells killed your mother?"

Barry nodded, "Except he's not actually Dr. Wells. Well he his, he's just not..." Barry rambled.

"Allen." Singh said, "Slow down." 

Barry took a breath, "Dr. Wells is actually Eobard Thawne, from the future. So the man who is currently Dr. Wells is the man who killed my mother. He's also known as the Reverse Flash."

Singh nodded. "And I assume that you don't trust anyone because you used to Wells."

"Yeah."

"Allen," Singh sighed, "When someone betrays your trust, it's really hard to want to trust others. But you need to. If you don't trust anyone, you'll never stop Wells, because he will have isolated you so you're all alone. You need to trust people. They're not all like Wells."

Barry nodded. 

Singh frowned sadly. This wasn't fair. Why did Barry have to have such a hard life? He was one of the best people to ever walk the earth, so why did the universe decide to be so mean to him?

Barry's phone rang. He saw the caller ID and frowned, but picked it up anyway.

"Hey Cisco. What's up?"

"Hey man. There's an armed robbery on 12th street."

Barry sighed, "On my way."

He hung up, "Sorry Captain. Armed robbery, got to go." He smiled and ran off.

Singh blinked as Barry rushed away in a gust of wind. "Whoa," he muttered. "He's fast."

--------------------

A/N- So, pretty short chapter. Hope you're enjoying! 

I can't believe I have over 100 votes. Thank y'all so much. Tell your friends to read. Once it gets to 3000 reads, I'll do a face reveal. 

See y'all! :)