Chapter 25

Everyone was getting ready for the pool party. There was a lot to do, between setting up, finding the perfect swimsuit, and figuring out who was driving with who. 

Kurt and Blaine would already be at the pool, letting people in and setting up.

The Warblers were split into two cars. Thad, Trent, and Jon in one; Wes, Nick, and Jeff in the other. 

Santana, Quinn, and Artie were driving together. Finn and Puck were riding the bus. And Mercedes and Rachel were walking. 

Barry was probably going to super speed over, he wasn't sure, it depended on how his day went.

The party started at 2:00. Until then, a certain group of six people haad things to do.

------------- LINE BREAK ------------

Barry stared at the floor after Cisco, Caitlin, Santana, Thad, and Quinn proposed the idea of saving Barry's mom in return for Wells going home. 

"Barry?" Caitlin asked, concern evident in her voice. 

Barry looked up at her, but he still said nothing.

After two minutes of teense silence, he finally spoke up, "I don't know."

"You don't know." Thad repeated.

Santana shook her head, "Why not?"

"You really don't get time travel, do you?" Barry asked the three non STAR labs members.

They slowly shook their heads.

"That's what I thought." Barry said, but he didn't elaborate. "I just don't know, guys. I'll think it over."

"What are you leaning towards more?" Quinn asked.

"I don't know." Barry repeated. "This isn't the kind of decision you make in ten minutes." 

"We know that, Barry." Cisco said.

"Then you'll stop asking for an answer," Barry said. "I just don't know. I'll think about it."

They nodded.

"See you at the pool party," Quinn said, gathering her things and leaving. Santana and Thad followed shortly after. 

Once those three were gone, Caitlin turned to Barry, "Barry..."

"Yes, I know the consequences of time travel." Barry interrupted. He looked into Caitlin's eyes, "You don't think I should do it."

Caitlin looked down, "It's your decision, Barry."

With that, she and Cisco left.

Barry ran his hands through his hair. This was... hard. He needed to think, but he couldn't do that in the house. He quickly flashed into his swimsuit and T-shirt and started walking towards the pool party. 

He was walking down a street, lost in thought, when he heard his name called.

"Barry!"

He was dragged out of his thoughts and turned to see Mercedes and Rachel. He frowned and paused, waiting for the girls to catch up.

"Hey Barry." Mercedes said.

He nodded, "Hey."

He glanced warily at Rachel, who refused to make eye contact. Mercedes elbowed her. 

Rachel looked up at Barry, she swallowed, "Hi Barry. Um..." She took a deep breath, "I'm sorry."

--------- LINE BREAK ---------

Mercedes and Rachel walked down the street on their way to the pool party. 

Rachel, much to Mercedes shock (and slight delight), had yet to say a word. Eventually, Mercedes couldn't take it.

"Spill." She commanded.

"Hm?" Rachel said.

"You've been silent the entire walk. Very un-Rachel-like. So what's bugging you?" 

Rachel sighed, "I feel bad. About being mean to Barry." she said. "I know now that he is a different person, so I just feel bad."

"Why the change of heart?" Mercedes asked, "You've been pretty confident that it's all just an act."

"I know." She said, "It just... I've been thinking, and I thought about Quinn and how she used to be kind of mean, but now she's a good friend. And then I thought of Barry and all he's been through and how, despite everything I know, everything he's said, and everything that everyone else has said, I was still so mean to him."

"So apologize," Mercedes said, "From what I've heard, he's really forgiving."

"But what do I say?"

"Sorry."

Rachel huffed.

"And here's your chance," Mercedes said, noticing Barry ahead of them, "Barry!" 

"Wait," Rachel hissed.

"Barry!" Mercedes called again, waving her arm as Barry turned around to wait for them. They caught up to Barry, "Hey Barry."

He nodded, "Hey."

He glanced warily at Rachel, who refused to make eye contact with him. Mercedes elbowed her.

Rachel looked up at Barry, she swallowed, "Hi Barry. Um..." She took a deep breath, "I'm sorry."

Barry's eyebrows raised slightly.

Rachel continued, "I'm sorry that I was a jerk to you. Especially after... everything. It was uncalled for and I'm really really sorry."

Barry nodded slowly, then a small smile crept onto his face. "Thank you and apology accepted." He stuck out his hand to her, "Friends?"

She smiled and shook his hand, " Friends."

-------------------

A/N- Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! It's almost over! 

I couldn't take it anymore and I had to make Rachel apologize to Barry. They won't be buddy buddies, but at least Rachel won't be such a jerk anymore. I know that a lot of these characters are ooc, but whatever. 

Anyway... ahhhhhhhhhhh! 

I hope y'all are enjoying this. It's coming to an end. :(

Love y'all! :)