Chapter 22

Barry was chillin' on the couch watching The Wizard of Oz, when he heard a knock at the door. He groaned and paused his movie. He opened the door to reveal Kurt, Blaine, Thad, Santana, and, surprisingly, Quinn. 

"Hey guys," Barry said, slightly confused, "What are you doing here?"

"We came to talk to you," Quinn said. "Well. Me. I came to talk to you. They all just came along."

"And... Why?"

"Can we come in?" Quinn asked, pointing into the house.

"Uh... sure," Barry said, stepping aside to let them in. He led them into the living room, where he had been drowning his sorrows in musicals and pizza. 

Kurt smiled, "The Wizard of Oz. Nice."

Barry gave him a small smile, "So what did you want to talk about?"

Quinn smirked a little, "You. Flash."

Barry's mouth popped open and his eyebrows raised. Then his face turned angry, "Did you tell her?" 

"No! no. I figured it out on my own," Quinn said coming to their defense. 

"When? How?" Barry asked.

"When we were kidnapped by Snart," Quinn said, "He said that we were your, the Flash you, friends. And Kurt had been abnormally quiet. Normally he would be yelling at the bad guy for dirtying up his clothes. And then it all just sorta clicked. And I figured it made sense, with the lightning and all."

"Ah."

"And Barry," Kurt said, "there was something else you and Snart said." Barry tilted his head. "You and him have a deal?"

Barry looked away and sighed. He rubbed the back of his neck. "I had to strike a deal with Snart. He found out my identity, and was prepared to use it against me. But... I wasn't about to let him keep killing people, so we made a deal. So long as he doesn't kill anyone and keeps hurting to a minimum I don't bring him in."

"So that's why you were so sure he wouldn't kill them," Blaine said.

Barry nodded.

"Barry," Quinn said quietly, "why won't you trust us?"

Barry swallowed and looked down.

"We can tell her if you don't want to," Santana said. "We just didn't want to tell her in case you did want to."

"No, it's fine. I'll tell her." Barry said. "Dr. Wells he- he's the man in the yellow suit, the Reverse Flash... the man who killed my mother." 

Quinn let out a tiny gasp, "Oh Barry." She reached out as though to comfort him, but drew her hand back, unsure. She bit her lip, "Ah, screw it." she said and wrapped her arms around Barry in a tight hug. Barry gently hugged her back.

Once she finally broke off she asked/said, "So you don't trust anyone because you trusted Wells."

"Basically," he said, "but..."

"But...?" Thad pressed.

"But, someone talked to me and helped me realize that not everyone is like Wells. And that there's no way for me to beat him if I refuse to trust anyone. And I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I wouldn't trust you guys, especially you four. You helped me uncover who Wells really is, and now, for once, I can get ahead of him."

"We can get ahead of him," Santana corrected. 

"Right." Barry said, giving a genuine smile.

"Yeah," Thad said, "Even though we're only in town for two and a half more days, we're gonna do everything we can to help you."

Barry nodded. "Thank you." He thought for a second, "I'll be back. I need to go grab some people."

He rushed out and reappeared with Caitlin, Cisco, and Joe. 

"Barry," Joe said, bending over to keep himself from getting sick. 

"Barry?" Caitlin asked. "Why did you bring us here?"

"Hey guys," Cisco said, seeing the other guests. 

"Hey," they greeted.

"My question, Barry." Caitlin said.

"Right. I brought you guys here because-" Barry licked his lips, "-We know who the man in the yellow suit is."

They looked at him with wide eyes. "And?" Cisco asked.

"He's the Reverse Flash. His name is Eobard Thawne, and he's from the future. And... He is Dr. Wells."

Questions from the three started pouring out at once.

"The future?" Joe asked.

"Dr. Wells? Not possible." Caitlin said. 

"Reverse Flash, nice name." Cisco said.

Caitlin spoke again, making herself heard, "Barry, you can't be serious. Dr. Wells is not the Reverse Flash. He can't be. He's paralyzed."

"No he's not." Kurt spoke up. 

They all looked at him, "We had a suspicious feeling about Wells when we met him, so we decide to investigate. Blaine and I saw Dr. Wells. Standing."

Santana nodded, "And at the same time, Thad and I found a... Time vault?... that stored the yellow suit. And it had an article from the future that we found later when we brought Barry to see it."

Barry nodded.

Joe shook his head. He wasn't surprised that Wells was the man in yellow. He was surprised that he was, apparently, from the future, "Future? So... Wells can time travel?"

"Well, all speedsters can." Barry said. "I have already. By accident."

"What do you mean you've already time traveled?" Joe asked.

"It was a couple weeks ago." Barry said, "I was stopping a tsunami..."

"When was there a tsunami?" Cisco asked.

"In the other timeline. I went so fast that I ran back in time."

"Whoa," Cisco said.

"So all this time..." Caitlin said, "We've been working with an evil speedster? It doesn't make sense. If he wants to kill you, why help you? I really don't think it's possible for it to be Wells."

Barry sighed.

"I think he's right, Caitlin," Cisco said. "I've been getting these... dreams. They started after when you apparently traveled through time."

"What are they about?" Barry asked.

"Dr. Wells. Me. And in this dream, he is the Reverse Flash. He plunged a vibrating hand into my heart and kills me." 

Blaine thought for a minute, "What if those aren't dreams? What if they're memories?"

Barry caught on to what he was saying, "Oh. So in the other timeline, Wells killed Cisco, but since I went back in time and changed things, that never happened."

(A/N- see how much I've screwed with the timeline? I don't even know when this takes place anymore. And what has or hasn't happened. I'm confused by my own story. Oh well. :) .)

Caitlin looked at the ground, "So everything we've been doing... has been a lie?"

"I don't know." Barry said, "But I do know that we need to figure this out. And we have a couple days that they can help us." He gestured to his glee friends.

He put a hand on Caitlin's shoulder, "Don't worry. We'll stop him."

-----------------

A/N- Aren't y'all glad it didn't take me another two weeks to post another chapter? It's getting close to the end! I'm exited! I seriously did not expect this story to be so long. But I'm glad it is, and I'm glad y'all are enjoying it.

See y'all! :)