4. Raina Kashyap

'An eleven-year-old little girl was crying profusely in her room

'An eleven-year-old little girl was crying profusely in her room. She heard her mother's scream which shook her to the core.

She heard some footsteps and then the door of the room burst opened. The girl got scared and pushed herself more to the wall closing her eyes tightly.

But the person bent to see under the table. The girl saw that it was none other than her mother.

She had an injury on her head, eyes full of tears and hair dishevelled.

Her mother kneeled and put a finger on her mouth indicating her to be silent, "Ria! Baby, don't make sounds. See your Mumma is here." She cooed her daughter.

The frightened girl hugged her mother tightly and hid her face in her chest. For a child, her mother's embrace is the safest place in the world.

When the girl's hand touched her mother's back, she felt something sticky on her hand and her mother hissed in pain. The girl immediately removed her hands and saw fresh blood on it.'

A young woman woke up with a jerk, breathing heavily. It felt so real, so scary, even after so many years.

She reached for the glass of water and chugged down the whole glass in one go. She tried to calm herself by taking deep breaths.

"Breath in"

"Breath out"

"Breath in"

"Breath out"

She chanted it in her mind.

Raina Kashyap

Raina Kashyap. (23 years old)

After some time, she calmed down and took a look at the clock hanging on the wall.

She muttered, "It's still 3 am."

She got up from the bed and went to the bathroom.